Valued Contributor

Re: Same issue with GILI Milano Natural Ostrich?

Wow.. amazing.. I got my two Milanos today. First I opened the Grey/Taupe Ostrich. I love the mushroom color - it will look good with browns and greys. And NO SMEARS... {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Then - very cautiously - with trepidation - I opened the Natural Ostrich. Perfect!! NO SMEARS!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} So at least in my case, they have fixed the Roma II problem. I'm more than happy!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Wait, they are doing the pattern with dye not embossing?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

I received the gray ostrich today, and as I said on another thread, it has smears galore. You would only notice them if you looked closely, though, because it is a darker color. The natural might be a different story. I'm so taken with the "gray" color that I don't think it will bother me, and I'm really liking the ostrich, which is something I've never had before.

Regular Contributor

On 10/30/2014 jaxs mom said:

What it looks like to me is that the little raised dots are on the leather, and then a person (or machine?) goes in after the leather is dyed and paints the dark color on each dot. The smears appear to be caused by something brushing the paint before it is dry. You can see the paint/dye, it is thicker on some dots and more washed out on others.

Valued Contributor

On 10/30/2014 jaxs mom said:

Now I'm wondering too....someone said under reviews that the croco pattern is painted or something.... I have no idea, it's my first croco bag. Maybe the experts can chime in....