Respected Contributor

Has anyone purchased and used the Samantha Brown luggage from the other shopping channel? How does it hold up when checked at the airlines? I really love how it looks, but the reviews are either great or poor. There doesn't seem to be a lot in between.

I have 4 sets and have traveled worldwide for a few years now and love it!  I get stopped in every airport around and asked where it came from.  It is easy to carry and very pretty.  Love the colors; however, they sell out quick so I haven't been able to purchase more. If I could find more colors, I would buy.  I saw today where Joy on HSN is selling her new luggage, but she sold out of the colors quickly and I missed the promotion because I was returning from Madrid at the time she was on.

Donna

Trusted Contributor

I purchased pieces to go on a recent trip and it didn't work for me. I got the new "lightweight" luggage and it's not that light. Also, the totebag that comes with the 22" bag was cheap looking and refused to stay put on the bag and everytime I stopped, it toppled over. It was a major pain and to think I really studied this out before I ordered it!  

I have never struggled so much with luggage in my life and wouldn't recommend it. The under the seat piece didn't fit under the seat either....it had to go up in the over head compartment. 

Frequent Contributor

Do you check your luggage? If so what finish did you get?

Frequent Contributor

There are always so many bad reviews about the pieces falling apart w/ the first use and many great reviews from people who have not actually used the item yet.

I considered that line so many times but the bad reviews were telling. I decided to stick w/ Samsonite since they have been around so long.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of bumping up a 2 year old thread

Contributor

I have a bag with a coordinating purse that are now 4 years old.  I travel internationally for work. and check the bag >85% of the trips  The front corners with the decorative faux leather are starting to look worn, but the tweed like material is very sturdy.  The coordinating purse is the best since it has the strap/band piece that fits over the suitcase handle.  Down side for me is that the telescopic handle on the suitcase starting getting stuck and feeling flimsey after the first year.  I might be putting my suitcases through more rigor that the average leisure traveler, but as a road warrior, I can say S Brown luggage is fairly sturdy.  I will try something different with my next suitcase purchase.  I'm hopoing to get five years out of this one.

Respected Contributor

I have a set I bought last summer, which is her croco looking bags.  I've not checked it but used for many road trips and it has held up fine.  

After having 2 really nice suitcases destroyed by baggage handling.  I wouldn't even buy one of Samantha's sets to check.  Wait until Macy's is having a good sale and buy one of their cheap sets where you are really paying only $10/$15 per suitcase!

Respected Contributor

I have had NORMAL airline wear and tear  like scuffs and scrapes ,black marks ,on mine. I have several Croc.sets not the Tweed. I have used it both traveling here and abroad. The Joy sets reviews are not good. I did like her divided one  though for a two week  Rhine River cruise and loved the separated sections. I like colors easy to find so enjoy Samantha`s  color variety. In the US people complement  me on the colors.  I found a backpack for under the seat from Lug worked well and a rolling duffle that I could also carry for overhead. There used to be some nice deals, less than most handbags, $150 on HSN  with free ship but those days may be gone?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a set and it went back the next day.  It looked like cheap plastic patent leather. Very stiff and the stitching was awful & loose.