Honored Contributor

Re: SUEDE SHOES/TOO MUCH RAIN

I never wear "good" shoes when it's rainng.  I guess it comes from living in the City and having to walk to and from subways, etc.

I have a collection of rubber boots and shoes ...  just carry my shoes in my tote.   

My favorites are a pair of brght yellow rubber rain shoes .... they match my yellow slicker!  

Esteemed Contributor

Too much rain, isn't that the truth! I never wear suede jackets in the Pacific Northwest. It's too hot or too rainy to wear them here.

I have a nice pair of open toe tan suede shooties by Lucky brand. I can't wear them if it's raining or if I think it will rain - my toes would get wet just walking on wet pavement, let alone stepping or sidestepping puddles. They are dry weather shoes only.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus 

I keep a pair of vegan/waterproof shoes in my car to switch to if it is very rainy. I love my suede shoes and sandals!

@willdob3   I’m always not near my car when the skies open up. Good idea, though.

@Shanus 

I’m not either but we have a long rainy season here so keep vegan shoes in the car helps some days. Like today! A huge thunderstorm poured on the car before I got where I was going. I changed from my suede sandals to my Jambus before getting out of the car. 

I don't spend a lot of time walking outside with my good shoes on so I am usually just trying to keep them dry running from the car to a store or the house. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus 

I keep a pair of vegan/waterproof shoes in my car to switch to if it is very rainy. I love my suede shoes and sandals!

@willdob3   I’m always not near my car when the skies open up. Good idea, though.

@Shanus 

I’m not either but we have a long rainy season here so keep vegan shoes in the car helps some days. Like today! A huge thunderstorm poured on the car before I got where I was going. I changed from my suede sandals to my Jambus before getting out of the car. 

I don't spend a lot of time walking outside with my good shoes on so I am usually just trying to keep them dry running from the car to a store or the house. 

@willdob3   I had too many pr. I couldn’t enjoy, so sprayed them all a third time and am going to wear them rain or shine. Throw caution to the wind. Life’s too short to leave shoes that I love on the shelf. If they stain, oh well! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Rain and ick here too Girlfrieds!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Is there room for me?Smiley Happy