Honored Contributor

STILL looking for fashion boots with padding

All my shoes have memory foam or something in them to make them comfortable.  Why don't boots?  I asked for advice a few years back from the board, now I'm trying again.  Anyone had any luck?  I'm talking about riding boots and styles like that, not snowmobile boots or LL Bean type.

Honored Contributor

Re: STILL looking for fashion boots with padding

@depglass

The two kinds I have ordered are booties and they do have padding: 1) Bionica sold here at the Q

and Fly London also here at the Q among others.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~

I've read great reviews on the brand Spring Step and about to find out when my order arrives today.

Sold on Q, here is the product number and name. They were cheaper here than the department stores selling them. 

As for memory foam inside? I doubt it but comfort level is well reviewed for the brand. They are a more 'flat' style mid calf that fold up or down. 

A334241
Spring Step Leather Ankle Boots - Galil

Good luck in your search. I'll update if they aren't comfortable. QVC has burgundy and black. Some of the dept stores and online stores have them in a camel brown too. 

Cheers

Sandy

Super Contributor

They are expensive but cole haan uses Grand.OS technology on shoes and boots.

Trusted Contributor

Just buy some good, warm insoles to put in them. Shoe stores sell them, so do other places. 

Trusted Contributor

Marc Fisher boots have padding and are extremely comfortable. I have 2 pairs of ankle boots and one pair of tall boots - can wear them all day.

The Rockport Total Motion line has an Adidas liner. I don't have boots, but their heels are the only dress shoes I can wear all day at work. They have several boot styles.

Respected Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

Just buy some good, warm insoles to put in them. Shoe stores sell them, so do other places. 

This is what I did. I bought a TSV Earth boots last season and while they are very comfortable for any average person, I absolutely must have a good deal of cushioning in my shoes (which is why I wear jogging sneakers most of the time). I bought very inexpensive (not Dr. Scholl's brand, which is more expensive) memory foam insoles from a chain drug store and now the boots are perfect.

Respected Contributor

How about sizing 1/2 up and then put your own pad or insert?

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

All my shoes have memory foam or something in them to make them comfortable.  Why don't boots?  I asked for advice a few years back from the board, now I'm trying again.  Anyone had any luck?  I'm talking about riding boots and styles like that, not snowmobile boots or LL Bean type.

@depglassEcco is a fashionable choice that is highly padded with quality leathers.  I've bought them at Dillards.