Valued Contributor

I've been looking at Spenco for a while now, what is your opinion on them, are they soft are they comfortable Is the sole flexible? I have been wearing Skechers Mostly.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I've been looking at Spenco for a while now, what is your opinion on them, are they soft are they comfortable Is the sole flexible? I have been wearing Skechers Mostly.

Feet are very choosy. I have a couple pair of slip on Spencos and find them VERY COMFORTABLE AROUND THE HOUSE, but not so good for a long time on my feet. 

The insole works well FOR ME, but I need a firmer sole for shopping or relaxation walking. 

Hope this helps a little.

Valued Contributor

@KACEE1115 i tried slide A368557.  they were roomy and flexible but no arch support.  reviews indicate otherwise but that was my experience.  

Honored Contributor

I wear the slip on sandals  for about 15 years now as house shoes. I tried their other shoes and did not like them. I will stick to their sandals.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @KACEE1115 .  I wear Spenco exclusively, as they work for my feet.  They are not soft; rather, structured.  The "metatarsal dome" (toe dome) keeps feet in a neutral gravity position so that weight is evenly distributed across the foot.

The best thing I've done for my feet besides wearing Spenco is to use a foot massager daily.  I love my Miko.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I also use Spenco flip flops as slippers in the house. They are very comfortable and offer a lot of support- better than flat flip flops or slippers. If you are familiar with Vionic, I find the Vionic footbed to be harder/stiffer than Spenco and it hurts my feet to wear Vionics for long periods of time. Spenco brand seems just right for me.

Let us know what you think if you try them!

Trusted Contributor

I wear Birkenstocks, Alegria, or Naot shoes due to my "teacher feet" (too many years standing all day!)  Spenco were too stiff for me, and as you can see by the above brands, I am willing to break in my shoes.  I returned the Spenco shoes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Spenco has a very gentle arch support, much more comfortable for me than Vionic and certain more supportive than Sketchers.  They look good out of the box, but the problem i have with them is that they're cheaply constructed out of cheap materials.  After a short period of wear, they look like a ratty mess.  I really wish they would improve the quality even if they have to increase the price.   The also often seem to run wide and I walk out of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have only tried their flipflops but I love them.

Valued Contributor
I have 2 pairs of their Siesta slip on shoes (1 suede & 1 canvas) but I do prefer their flip flops. Super supportive & comfortable for me. I broke my right foot in 3 places a few yrs ago & its never been right so I have to be very careful what I wear. Spenco works well for me as does Vionic and some Earth.