Esteemed Contributor

Are we to presume that B. Makowsky is no longer showing on QVC? Looks like everything is on clearance. I am not a fan but just curious. I saw Kathy Van Zeeland's bags on ShopHQ just yesterday. Seems like Dooney is going strong and QVC is pushing a lot of OrYany and Kestenberg. I have to buy my bags at Marshall's or others on sale. I just can't see paying that kind of money for a bag I will tire of in no time and unfortunately I do get tired of bags easily

Honored Contributor

Re: SPEAKING OF HANDBAGS….

I think they still schedule a Makowsky show very occasionally, which is more than often enough for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, just last night, Courtney did a show with basically all new stuff - some on clearance. As I said before, I am not a fan. I think they over did it in the beginning by pushing him so much.

Frequent Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing. Bruce has so many styles and it is hard to keep up. Maybe he is condensing his line into fewer offers. I do like his bags because they are very nice leather and way lighter than Dooney and Oryany .
Trusted Contributor

I'm sure he doesn't care since he and Kathy sold their companies to Li & Fung of Hong Kong several years ago. I'm sure Bruce's appearances are completed and it was part of the sale of the company for him to do a certain number to transition the brand. Maybe Li & Fung want out of QVC. They are a huge company who own lots of well know brands.

Honored Contributor

Speaks volumes to me that the vast majority of 'as is' bags are his brand, and that's even though they're rarely presented anymore.

Honored Contributor

The Chinese company may have bought the Makowsky line just to get it off the market and not compete with some other brand. That happens so who knows?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Why do these designers sell their companies to foreign companies? Money speaks. It would be nice if they kept the products in America.

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2014 duclane said:

Why do these designers sell their companies to foreign companies? Money speaks. It would be nice if they kept the products in America.

They just send them back to the land of their birth.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2014 duclane said:

They owned Tig, KVZ and BMak and sold then all to Fung... Why? For big bucks would be my guess! Apparently they also had some deal where they would remain executives for a time and it would appear they still have some input into design of the bags... It seemed that Tig was made to fill the niche between the two brands rather than remain an all leather quality brand that might compete with BMak... Who knows. I never liked her stuff anyway, and now no longer buy any of these brands. Never really liked his either, but at one time I at least gave a passing nod to Tig.