Honored Contributor

Re: SO... what are you carrying into the New Year...?

I've been carrying my Flo medium toggle crossbody. Just needed a small purse lately.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 1/9/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/8/2015 EdithEllenLily said:
On 1/8/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 tough_kitty said: Some of us are counting Smiley Happy I'm trying to stick with less than 20. I talked to a district office supervisor today and might be considering relocation to San Diego, CA in the future, so I have a new goal - start saving up money from now on.....after I am done paying off the tons of stuff I bought on "easy" pay....

San Diego is beautiful... I like having seasons, but were I to relocate anywhere strictly for the weather that would be it... Expensive place to live, though, and good shopping... so proceed at your own risk...

Wink

ITA on all counts, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Perfect weather = $$$$$, though, TK. If you move to San Diego, Mr. Lily and I would enjoy vacationing there and meeting you for dinner. One time when I was in SD, I dined at an outdoor restaurant with little heaters near your feet to keep you warm when the sun went down. It was so fun! Smile

It's so pretty there... Usually a tad overcast in the AM until the sun burns it off, glorious during the day with warm but not hot temperatures, low humidity, and then cool at night... I don't recall ever needing AC there... which is just SO different from here...

But now TK, as for that visit from EEL once you relocate, assuming you do, well, don't plan on it anytime soon... You see, while she and the good Mister are paying off her handbag and gem day purchases, they'll be lucky to make it as far as Wrigley Field...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lol....yeah.... I don't think I can afford to move to San Diego anytime soon either.... Comparing to Sacramento, their cost of housing is 66% more and I love my home. Not ready to give it up...yet. But we will see what future brings.... in the meantime, I have some accounts I will be auditing in Oregon, Vermont, and New York this year!

Would that be NYC? If so, it's, of course, amazing... Of course, there are some great places upstate as well... Can't say much about Vermont or Oregon, but if you have the option of Vermont in the fall, it's probably beautiful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie, it will be close to NYC so it should be fun. Hopefully, I can schedule the audit somewhere around summer.... I've never been to any of those places before so I'm excited about the trips.
Honored Contributor

Hey stevieb, TK and everyone!! Smile I spent some time in the guest room today and finally changed into my Toledo medium mail bag in black with the t'moro trim and my black croco zip-around wallet, both from the recent 12 Days of Dooney.

I'm writing late because we watched a girls college basketball game on Fox Sports 1 tonight. Butler beat the undefeated St. John's 55-50, and I have a distant cousin on the Butler team!! Kind of exciting to watch them beat such a good team!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 tough_kitty said: Stevie, it will be close to NYC so it should be fun. Hopefully, I can schedule the audit somewhere around summer.... I've never been to any of those places before so I'm excited about the trips.

Vermont is beautiful...hilly and lush green in the summer...kind of reminded Mr. Lily and I of Ireland.

New York is awesome. When I worked in New Jersey, I lived just 30 minutes west of midtown Manhattan, so it was very easy to go in on the weekends for the theatre, concerts, dinner or art films. While I'm very glad to be back in the Midwest where I'm from, I am glad for the five years I had out east. I think you will enjoy the energy of New York, TK, because you have that same energy!!!

Have a good evening, EEL

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 tough_kitty said: Stevie, it will be close to NYC so it should be fun. Hopefully, I can schedule the audit somewhere around summer.... I've never been to any of those places before so I'm excited about the trips.

TK, a lot of New Yorkers tend to abandon NYC in the summer... Honestly, the city is great any time, but isn't at it's best when it's really hot outside... If you have choices, I'd consider a different time of year!

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Hey stevieb, TK and everyone!! Smile I spent some time in the guest room today and finally changed into my Toledo medium mail bag in black with the t'moro trim and my black croco zip-around wallet, both from the recent 12 Days of Dooney.

I'm writing late because we watched a girls college basketball game on Fox Sports 1 tonight. Butler beat the undefeated St. John's 55-50, and I have a distant cousin on the Butler team!! Kind of exciting to watch them beat such a good team!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Great bag choice EEL... Probably not going there, but that's one of the few remaining Dooneys I'd like to have. Love the silhouette and think it's great in black!

Honored Contributor

All this talk of NYC has me thinking... Wish I'd gotten there during the Christmas season, but it might just be time for a little visit...

Honored Contributor

Now come ON Miz EEL... are you telling us that you STILL have NOT decided what bag to carry...? Or, are you just busy in the kitchen...

{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Hey! I see you, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I've been a little busy studying GEM day and ordering some pretty things! I say this as poor Mr. Lily is out shoveling our driveway in the COLD. There does not seem to be much balance here, especially due to all of those cakes! Tomorrow is the day I can work on the handbags in our guest room, which is a little tore up much like yours! I'm hoping I can find my next purse then...will write soon! Smile

Uh, uh, uh... did I see the word ORDERING? Well, EEL, what happened to all that New Year, new you stuff... Huh...? Honestly... Someone dangles a pretty bauble or six (knowing how you love-love-love multiples... and even numbers...) in front of you and you are SO gone...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Actually, I succumbed to just a few things too...

There you go again...busting EEL!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I don't know that I can post again on the SIMPLIFY thread...oh well, I tried!

So you ordered a few things, too?! Let's compare items when they arrive if they are keepers.

I DO love numbers, and I love the $aving$ I got on all four of the items I chose!

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 tough_kitty said: Some of us are counting Smiley Happy I'm trying to stick with less than 20. I talked to a district office supervisor today and might be considering relocation to San Diego, CA in the future, so I have a new goal - start saving up money from now on.....after I am done paying off the tons of stuff I bought on "easy" pay....

San Diego is beautiful... I like having seasons, but were I to relocate anywhere strictly for the weather that would be it... Expensive place to live, though, and good shopping... so proceed at your own risk...

Wink

ITA on all counts, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Perfect weather = $$$$$, though, TK. If you move to San Diego, Mr. Lily and I would enjoy vacationing there and meeting you for dinner. One time when I was in SD, I dined at an outdoor restaurant with little heaters near your feet to keep you warm when the sun went down. It was so fun! Smile

It's so pretty there... Usually a tad overcast in the AM until the sun burns it off, glorious during the day with warm but not hot temperatures, low humidity, and then cool at night... I don't recall ever needing AC there... which is just SO different from here...

But now TK, as for that visit from EEL once you relocate, assuming you do, well, don't plan on it anytime soon... You see, while she and the good Mister are paying off her handbag and gem day purchases, they'll be lucky to make it as far as Wrigley Field...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That would be unlucky, stevieb! We're White Sox fans!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Plus, you know how picky I am...these new baubles better not have any defects!!!