Honored Contributor

Spring’s around the corner and thought I’d get a jump on seeing some new shoe styles. 

I can can try them on, walk around a little & if not comfie, back on the shelf and on to the another pair. 

Now that’s the best way for me to purchase shoes.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPPING FOR SHOES TODAY

When I was younger, I could wear them all.  Four inch heels, platforms but now that I am sensible, I choose Clarks.   I never get blisters, I can wear straight from the box.  I recently purchased the TSV by Sketchers in lavender that I thought would be fun for spring and summer when I don't want a sandal.  It's all about comfort for me.   JJill carries some really nice shoes too.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, I've had far too many poor fits for my "off the shelf" size 9Ms to order again...  stopped buying shoes from the Q about 2 years ago.....  .

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I buy shoes online and in the store.  Generally I only buy them on line if I own a similar style in the brand I am ordering.

Honored Contributor

I have had good luck with buying shoes online until recently.  I've had to return the last three pairs of shoes that I ordered.  I ordered my regular size 8's, and they were all 1/2 size too big.  I ordered two pairs of Aetrex and a pair of Vionics.  I have a pair of Aetrex sandals in a size 8 that I wore all summer last year.  I have a pair of Vionic slippers but no shoes.

I'm going to go to Dillard's soon and look for sandals.  I may try The Walking Company, too.  Both are in our local Mall.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of Vionics from Dillard’s Sunday. I normally wear 9M but the 9-1/2M was a perfect fit. My right foot is slightly bigger so I really need to try on closed toe. I figure I’ll be ready to go tromping around in NYC this coming October. They weren’t on sale🙁

D7536C06-BE5A-407B-A49B-CAD91CF928C6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess   Those are really nice sneakers!

Valued Contributor

I actually buy most of my shoes on line, some from Shoes dot com.  I've even purchased some shoes from Zulily if the price and style are right.  I like "funky" shoes, and those are the ones that are most likely to be on sale.

I also buy a lot of my shoes from Hotters in England.  They are by far the best fitting and most comfortable shoes I own.  They frequently offer coupons - anywhere from 20 to 40 percent off.  Free ship and return.

I know from experience now which brands work for me and which brands don't.  

I'm not adverse to returning or exchanging shoes, even if it costs me $6.95 restocking.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

@OKPrincess   Those are really nice sneakers!

Thank you. The shoes with Velcro just weren’t pretty. I don’t wear sneakers but need something comfortable for lots of activity/walking. They have great support.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago I finally decided that buying shoes online wasn't for me! I spent too much time and money sending ill-fitting shoes back, or that I just didn't like when I saw them in person. It finally occurred to me that it's easier to just go to a B&M and try them on right then and there. No more agonizing over whether I bought the right size, or the right pair, and no more return shipping.