Super Contributor

Rykas and Berkenstocks

[ Edited ]

These were my two favorite QVC shoe brands.  Their almost complete disappearance from the channel did not make me a happy camper.

Amazon to the rescue!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rykas and Berkenstocks

[ Edited ]

@rustee wrote:

These were my two favorite QVC shoe brands.  Their almost complete disappearance from the channel did not make me a happy camper.

Amazon to the rescue!

Birks! My favorite, Sold here in my home city. Tried Algeria! No way. First shoes make a loud noise ?!? Then memory form makes my feet very hot. Finally! Shoe is heavy!! Sad-Qvc stopped offering.
Honored Contributor

I had a pair of Birkinstocks once - wore them to the podiatrist office and he really went off on me about how bad they are for your feet. Never bought them again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rykas and Berkenstocks

[ Edited ]

Rykas & Birkenstocks: I love Clarks as well. Around 3 years ago, I went to 6PM.com and bought 15 pairs of Birkis/Birkenstocks - clogs and sandals. I paid around $50/pair. - regular prices were $90 to $120.  I also had 15 pairs from QVC - so now I'm set for a long time. They are the most comfortable!!!!!

I also bought several pairs of Rykas from QVC several years ago - when they were made very well. The last pair I bought from QVC around 3 years ago - was BAD - and I returned. Their shoes have gone downhill - for some reason.

Clarks - A couple of weeks ago, I purchased 3 pairs of Nubuck Leather, Medora Gemma, from QVC's TSV. I also purchased 2 pairs Medora Elise from QVC - and 1 pair Medora Ally from Clarksusa.com. I always wear 7 wide ---- but Clarks now runs long - and I order 6-1/2 wide - and they're perfect. I love Clarks Leather and Nubuck. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rustee

As of January 1, 2017, Birkenstocks will not allow their shoes to be sold on Amazon due to a lot of counterfeits being sold on Amazon. Birkenstock doesn't think that Amazon is doing enough to police those 3rd party sellers that are selling counterfeits either.

There was an article about this in Footwear News last summer:

http://footwearnews.com/2016/business/uncategorized/birkenstock-usa-amazon-unnacceptable-business-pr...

As to Ryka shoes, they are owned by Caleres (formerly named the Brown Shoe Company), so check out Naturalizer outlet stores as they do carry Ryka because both brands are owned by Caleres. Caleres also owns a lot of other brands including Sam Edelman and Lifestride shoes. Caleres also owns the Famous Footwear chain of stores so you might find Ryka there too.

Honored Contributor

I like the Birkenstock site although I have not bought any in years because I bought so many from the Q years ago. I wear the clogs everyday and the sandals in summer, wish the Q would carry them again. I also like Ryka sneakers which I buy from the Q and am satisfied with the price. Our local Boscov's sells Ryka and they are much cheaper, but they are not the same quality as the Q sells.

Respected Contributor

I wear Birkenstocks year round. I now have to order online since the Q stopped carrying them. I even had one pair of sandals re corked.

Valued Contributor

I just bought a pair of hard to find Birkenstock on ebay from Italy.  I also just bought another pair from Germany.  My favorite style is Bali soft footbed with backstrap.  I got them in gold and in brown.  Impossible to find in my size in the U.S.  I've already got the gold ones and I can tell they are authentic.  I don't wear the slides much anymore, need a backstrap ever since I broke my ankle slipping out of a shoe (a Naot).  Need something more secure and no flip flops.

Valued Contributor

By the way there are plenty of reputable stores that sell Birkenstock.  Problem is the colors and styles are limited. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I had a pair of Birkinstocks once - wore them to the podiatrist office and he really went off on me about how bad they are for your feet. Never bought them again.

Probably because he/she didn't sell them in his office.