I have been buying Ryka shoes for the past 15+ years.  they are the brand i go to when shopping for walking/casual shoes.  I have noticed in the past few years the quality has gone down hill.  I have received Ryka shoes that are one size on the one shoe and a smaller size on the other.  i return those and go back to ordering another ryka pair.  The last two shoes i purchased has pretty much convinced me I will need to find another 'go to' shoe.  in March 2017 i purchased Dream.  the upper shoes came apart at the seams, which QVC did replace even after the 30 days.  the second shoe was purchased July 2017, Tempo, and was an 'as is' item.  that shoe came to me in good condition, no complaint there.  The problem is the soles on both pairs.  Dream sole has shredded so much there is no tread on it.  Tempo is starting to shred, after only a month of normal wear.  i wear these shoes to walk several days during the week, take my dog to the dog park.  But being summer, and the weather being warm, they are only worn for that reason.  I am very dissappointed with the quality of Ryka shoes and will not spend my money on shoes that fall apart after a few months of wear.  Makes me wonder if Ryka has sacrificed the integrity of the shoe.

Honored Contributor

I just got online & see the QVC Ryka deal. I thought about buying them. I have had a problem with sizing on Ryka. Ryka are the only sneakers I have found that do not slip on my heel. I tried on so many different brands looking for some that would fit my heel area.

Respected Contributor

The Q2 deal looks like a pair of Rykas I had for years. I literally wore out 2 pairs of them.  I ordered them in gray, so I hope they fit.

Esteemed Contributor

I also thought about ordering this 'deal".  Have some older Ryka's that I love and have worn to the point of holes in the canvas.

But the latest ones I ordered  were sized wrong - even though I ordered my same size. Probably will not order this time.

Respected Contributor

I used to be a fan, but no longer.  My new favorite brand is New Balance.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I just got online & see the QVC Ryka deal. I thought about buying them. I have had a problem with sizing on Ryka. Ryka are the only sneakers I have found that do not slip on my heel. I tried on so many different brands looking for some that would fit my heel area.

I bought my first pair of Ryka's about a year ago, at least. They were a former TSV gym shoe that I snagged from as-is.  I have had no problem with them at all. The sizing was what I normally buy.  I have worn them for walking and to the gym for a long time so I think it's time to buy another pair. 

Ryka is one of the only brands I can wear along with Avia.  No other gym show/walking shoe fits me properly.  The worst fitting athletic shoes I ever tried were Nike and New Balance. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been buying Ryka for years  and have loved all of them ,BUT , recently I heard Ryka has sold to another company and the quality has gone down.

TG ,I stocked up before  !

Honored Contributor

I needed a new pair of sneakers so I went to the shoe store. They had several Ryka styles. I was excited to try them because I have a wider toe box and a narrow heel which is what Ryka uses as their selling point on the Q. Every Ryka I tried was very tight in the toe box and that was before lacing them up! I am usually an 8 1/2 M in shoes - once in awhile I can take an 8, but I am never a 9 - they are just too long for my foot. Ryka didn't work for me at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have quite a few "older" Rykas in 7 wide - GREAT!!!! They've changed and I will never buy again. Many bad reviews on the Q.