Trusted Contributor
I must say that I'm sure it's difficult to be on camera, "driving" a presentation, attempting to somewhat keep a vendor on course AND have someone speaking in your ear, BUT, I did have a "Please stop rambling/interrupting and let the vendor speak" moment yesterday!!!
Frequent Contributor
I was watching the other day as Rachel Ray and Albany were on...I don't think I would call it rude, but awkward and uncomfortable to watch and listen to, as both were continuing to talk at the same time...neither would give in and quit talking. It actually got to be a little funny. Clearly, Albany was being to told to give a status update and RR was trying to get her info across. Both just trying to sell the product....at the same time. LOL....not rude ..just awkward...couldn't understand either one of them. LOL
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/16/2014 Tissyanne said: Jill is always well prepared, and gives the viewers detailed pertinent information on the products. Some view her style as rude, overbearing, and in your face. I think she takes her job serious. I would rather watch her host a show than silly hosts that clearly have not bothered to even look at the products in advance.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor
On 11/16/2014 momjules said: Curlywhitedog. You must also watch these shows and forums since you commented so quickly. I do what I want and you do what you want. I see manners and rudeness as a derogatory thing.

Watch the shows no, but for the rare exception I do not. Read the forums yes, I do. I stopped watching QVC when the hosts started getting on my nerves which is why I was confused as to why you were still watching.

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving.

Maria

Valued Contributor

Pairing Rachael and Albany is bound to be an annoying excursion into rudeness and shouting. Don't watch when either one is on, much less both.

(Just commenting on the forum post,since yes, I don't watch if anything bothers me.)

Respected Contributor

I watched a lot yesterday and didn't notice.

Respected Contributor

Waiting for a post from someone who has NEVER been rude in their life, or done anything that might be perceived as rude. I suspect we won't see that.

I've NEVER seen Jill be rude to anyone, and I do watch her shows often. Lisa has always been on at times when I don't or can't watch. I've only see a couple of her Christmas shows this year - probably not any other shows. But I've not seen her be rude either.

Like the OP, I was brought up to be courteous, and I think I know rudeness as well as anyone. But of the QVC hosts, I've rarely seen anyone show true rudeness to anyone of the vendors or phone ins. And BTW, if I had a Dooney outlet, I might be inclined to buy one or two of those heavy bags, but not at the Q prices.

Trusted Contributor
Perhaps a better description would be "over enthusiastic" rather than "rude" ~ Both Lisa and Jill are seasoned, skilled hosts with tact and manners.
Honored Contributor
On 11/16/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/16/2014 stevieb said:

Clearly, Jill works best alone. She pretty clearly wants to 'own' her shows and presentations, along, you would think, with the merchandise that 'she' doles out... That's sort of a given among many regular viewers. Lisa seems to work well with most vendors, but clearly takes her direction from her producers and interrupts as they deem necessary. I watched part of the TSV kickoff show and it seemed clear to me that had she not interrupted to give us a good 'tour' of the inside of the bag, we might still be waiting for one... Personally, I like Sue, but would like to see fewer vendors, overall. I'd also like the powers that be to permit hosts to revert to less of an 'in your face' approach that seems to have led to the constant interruptions and unnecessary constant updates...

That's interesting. I thought that Lisa's hand in Sue's bag was completely unnecessary and Sue was about to take us on a tour when Lisa felt the need to intervene....

Well TK, gosh, I don't know... I didn't memorize the program... but my recollection is that Sue had sort of glossed over the interior view of the TSV until Lisa redirected her to a full tour... My sense is that Lisa and the hosts are often accused of being rude when what they are really doing is taking charge and leading the presentation in the direction that TPTB have determined it needs to go in order to maximize sales. To be sure, some are kinder and gentler about this than are others... Sometimes vendors get a bit hung up on certain details and move more slowly than management would prefer. Right or wrong, from the viewers point of view, I guess it's their dime and they determine which way they want to spin it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
......people see what they want to see.