Honored Contributor

Re: Robertson collection has made its way to dot com...

On 2/20/2015 sunnysw said:

Circles & McGoo - Dooney has partnered with some female members of the Duck Dynasty clan in designing handbags with a "duck" motif. The patriarch of the clan, Phil Robertson, has preached (see You Tube) homophobic sermons to his church, & has espoused his views on marrying young girls, 15 or 16, his wife was 16 when they married, so that they can be "trained"??!! He also has intolerant views toward those not of his race and creed. Dooney sells to women & girls - that they would partner with this family is beyond belief! QVC has truly found bottom!!

Whoa... wait... I don't think QVC is (yet) carrying this line, Dooney has put them on their own website, but I'm hoping QVC hasn't sunk THAT low.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I saw the link posted above. I honestly believe that Korie Robertson, Willie's wife, is the marketing genius behind this DD empire. I have no ill feelings toward the family; they have freedom of speech as we all do. However, I just don't care for the bags. And, they are overpriced, IMHO. I prefer classics, therefore, I will not be carrying a camo bag.
Esteemed Contributor

If they sell at Belk or Dillard's, they'll be successful around here. Local families love the show. Our middle school library collections can't keep their biographies in stock. Long waiting waiting lists! Say what you want about them, but it's true they've got kids wanting to read. They're books with 100+ pages. Move over Coach and Michael Kors outlets! I predict the locals will buy.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/22/2015 wildcat fan said: If they sell at Belk or Dillard's, they'll be successful around here. Local families love the show. Our middle school library collections can't keep their biographies in stock. Long waiting waiting lists! Say what you want about them, but it's true they've got kids wanting to read. They're books with 100+ pages. Move over Coach and Michael Kors outlets! I predict the locals will buy.

To Kill a Mockingbird is still in print! Team of Rivals, Catcher in the Rye, Franny & Zooey, anything by James Michener! I am sure the local library has the aforementioned books plus thousands of others!! A good mind is a terrible thing to waste!!

Honored Contributor

OK, what am I missing here?

Honored Contributor

When you think of all the books a middle school library could choose to stock...

Well, 'nuff said...

Super Contributor

The duck dynasty family are born again Christians. They believe what God's word says in the Bible. They are right!! I stand with them.
Honored Contributor

The Bible says lots of things... and of course interpretations thereof have long been used to sanction and espouse the most uncharitable of attitudes...

Valued Contributor

I got the email, too. I immediately thought it wasn't for me.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Quiltlady said: The duck dynasty family are born again Christians. They believe what God's word says in the Bible. They are right!! I stand with them.

They, as so many others do, use religion to defend their bigotry and narrow-mindedness instead of the inclusiveness, kindness, and love that I had always attributed to those who are truly faithful.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" -- Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland