Regular Contributor
On 10/28/2014 stevieb said:

Not to worry, I've saved them all, though darned if I've found any other use for them!

Been some very good ideas so far, but FYI, I have seen GILI tassels on Ebay in the $50 range. Those tassels could fatten your new bag fund!

Valued Contributor
On 10/28/2014 Krissie22 said:

Not to worry, I've saved them all, though darned if I've found any other use for them!

Been some very good ideas so far, but FYI, I have seen GILI tassels on Ebay in the $50 range. Those tassels could fatten your new bag fund!

Wow, really? I like my tassels but heck, I am going to sell them if they sell THAT good! LOL

Regular Contributor
On 10/28/2014 tough_kitty said:

Wow, really? I like my tassels but heck, I am going to sell them if they sell THAT good! LOL

No kidding! LOL

Honored Contributor
On 10/28/2014 QPrincess said:

Ladies I have enjoyed reading all the posts. My black Milano should be here today. I ordered the grey ahead of time and then perhaps stupidly, cancelled my order just prior to the midnight show, thinking I could order again if I liked the color on TV. Well, that didn't work and I lost the order. Just a minute or two after midnight, and it was gone. Oh well........I am on waitlist for the brown croco.

Stevieb, forgive me, but I couldn't help by chuckle to myself over your posts concerning the saved tassels and not knowing what to do with them. You could strategically "paste" them and do a little dance. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Next time I don my harem pants, I'll give it a whirl, or should that be a twirl... ?

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

By the way, sorry about the grey bag fiasco. They really didn't manage that very well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 10/28/2014 deelor said:

I purchased the chestnut croco and the cream snake on Wednesday at 12:30 PM. They were shipped and I received them on Monday morning, in fact I opened them as I was watching the 9 am show.

I did not pay any extra.

Lisa kept saying on her Facebook Page that on Wednesday at noon they would be revealed and if you wanted one at the 178.00 price to click the link, which I did.

They took A LOT of pre-orders, there was also an E-mail sent out.

I wish I had gotten the grey ostrich, I put it on waitlist on Monday morning, and then cancelled it because I decided to add the brown snake, but now wish I also had the Grey Ostrich! That will teach me! I keep checking to see if it comes back on Waitlist.

The ordering process worked out fine for me because I got the link from Lisa's FB page, but the problem with relying on those emails is, once again, ongoing, never ending, relentless and never solved QVC system glitches.

I used to get advance emails for almost everything, including mostly things in which I had no interest, but I did love getting them for handbag and jewelry items. Then, one fine day, I got an email from the Once Might Q advising me that per my request they would no longer be sending them... Huh? I said, I never made any request. I called CS, spoke to a very pleasant woman who advised me that yes, once again, they'd been tinkering with 'the system' and that she would reinstate my advance notice emails... Since that time, you guessed it, nothing... Somehow, given most of the merchandise included these days, I'll get by, but yet another stellar QVC customer experience...

Honored Contributor

Ding Ding Ding Ding... {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Huh!? At fifty bucks a crack, I could've paid cash for another color bag and gotten another tassel to hawk on the bay!

Trusted Contributor
On 10/24/2014 Krissie22 said:

"Not necessarily Krissie22. When you use UPS next day air, QVC processes your order almost instantaneously!! So that person more than likely used that option to get their order that fast even though you may have both ordered yours at the same time when the link went live. Hers processed mush faster because of the choice of shipping method. It makes a huge difference! "

Seriously?? I wish I had known that. I could have them in my hot little hands! I always figured why rush the shipping when they take days to process items.

I can see why you thought that. LOL - because the processing system can take forever. I have used rush shipping several times and they process it immediately. No second guessing or canceling those orders.

Contributor
I got a grey one. Perhaps the leather color varies bag to bag? My bag is grey-ish while the tassel is definitely grey, no doubt anyone would label it grey. I am deciding if color difference bothers me or not. I may use leather conditioner on it like I did my Roma2.1 natural ostrich as I think that would darken both to a closer color. That is if I decide to keep it.
Trusted Contributor

I don't like the tassels anyway... I've removed them from all the GILI bags I've purchased. Each to their own, but I just think they're a bit too big and overdone and I prefer the bags much more without them.

I love the tassels on my Roma 2 bags but my Cream Snake's tassel just won't stop shredding and I've had it for months. It's my favorite bag of all but I am heartbroken that I had to remove the tassel because I always wear black jeans/pants and they were a mess with all the shedding.
Trusted Contributor

They sell those tassels on eBay for that much? My cream snake tassel is still shedding and it's been months so I had to remove it. I hated to do it because I think the tassel makes the bag but I wouldn't pay $50 for a tassel.