Contributor

Retro Embossed Lexington - $139.00 at ILD

HI !! Does anyone own this bag? I have been looking for a black tote for work and thought this might be fun. And the price is great. I am usually an East West tote lover but my main concern is that this bag appears "hard" and maybe not pliable. Can anyone tell me before I order? Thanks so much !

Respected Contributor

Re: Retro Embossed Lexington - $139.00 at ILD

The retro embossed leather is stiff. I don't have that exact handbag, but I have seen the retro embossed in the Dooney store and the leather is thick and firm. It might soften a little bit over time, but it is not a pliable leather.

Contributor

lavenderjunkie -- thanks for getting back to me -- I actually took a shot and ordered it because I did not want to lose the opportunity. If its too stiff for me, I will return it but to be honest, i just love the look of it. We'll see -- I will keep you posted. It is going to be my "second" tote. My everyday tote is the D&B O Ring 1975 tote which is definitely pliable !! Thanks again !

Contributor

HI lavenderjunkie - I want to tell you I got the Retro Embossed Lexington today and I really love it ! It is not squishy but on the other hand, it is not as stiff as I thought it might be. It is definitely structured. The size is perfect for holding the paperwork and folders I take back and forth to work and the strap will go over all winter coats ! It has feet which I love and it is bigger than I thought; even though I had the measurements, I was not 100%. But it really is a nice bag and I am going to use it tomorrow; very excited. Thanks again for your thoughts - have a good holiday !!

Respected Contributor

SiouxBee: enjoy your new tote. I have a Dooney embossed satchel (not retro, but black on black zebra) and I love it. The leather is thick and the bag has structure. I've used this handbag a lot and it's holding up well. Also, with a black handbag, if you ever get a scuff mark, a black waterproof marker or a bit of black shoe polish is all you need to erase the problem. (Just be sure to buff the spot out afterward, so that you don't soil your clothing).