Frequent Contributor

Just wondered how important it is to register my Dooney?

Susan

Honored Contributor

I've stopped registering them.

Honored Contributor

What is the point in the first place? Its not like they are going to be recalled like appliances or cars.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2014 depglass said:

What is the point in the first place? Its not like they are going to be recalled like appliances or cars.

I think they like to claim it's for warranty purposes, but I'm certain it's more for marketing purposes.
Respected Contributor

I have every registration card from Dooney still in my bags. Is there a time limit for these in case I decide to sell them and are they transferable? I would probably never do a trade-in.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2014 luvmyteddy said:

I have every registration card from Dooney still in my bags. Is there a time limit for these in case I decide to sell them and are they transferable? I would probably never do a trade-in.

If you register your bags, you do it when you 1st buy the bag. It is a guarantee for the 1st year you own the bag...not for the lifetime of the bag. I just remove the sticker on the inside of the inside zippered pocket and toss the registration cards.

I don't do trades and keep all my D&Bs...

Frequent Contributor

I register all of mine and im glad I did, i had to send my 1976 satchel to them to fix my zipper once. You can do it online, you just use the info on the card its very quick and easy

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your comments.

Susan

Honored Contributor

I don't think I can register it when I bought it at the Goodwill store.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 4/8/2014 luvmyteddy said:

If you register your bags, you do it when you 1st buy the bag. It is a guarantee for the 1st year you own the bag...not for the lifetime of the bag. I just remove the sticker on the inside of the inside zippered pocket and toss the registration cards.

I don't do trades and keep all my D&Bs...

So if I buy a bag on eBay how would I know how old the bag is? They usually have the RC included. How does Dooney know when you bought it if you didn't buy it from them? Are the cards only good if you have a receipt?