Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,364
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics


@butterfly123 wrote:

@lolakimono

Would you be able to post the name of the blog without the .com or whatever being poofed?


 

@butterfly123

www.barkingdogshoes.com/2016/05/orthotic-sandals-for-women

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,057
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

Thank you all so much!

 

A lot of these are so pretty!  I wish I could try them on before ordering.  There are no decent shoe stores aound me which carry anything like these, so that is out of the question.  But I see several that you were kind enough to post that might work.  My ankle is weak so that is an issue so I am not sure about how great a sandal is for me.  But I want to try to get at least one pair to wear for limited periods of time.  Part of the fun of summer is being able to enjoy summer fashions and shoes!  

 

I am really appreciative of all of these nice selections and I plan on checking them all out!

 

You are all the best!!!  Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,628
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics


@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thank you all so much!

 

A lot of these are so pretty!  I wish I could try them on before ordering.  There are no decent shoe stores aound me which carry anything like these, so that is out of the question.  But I see several that you were kind enough to post that might work.  My ankle is weak so that is an issue so I am not sure about how great a sandal is for me.  But I want to try to get at least one pair to wear for limited periods of time.  Part of the fun of summer is being able to enjoy summer fashions and shoes!  

 

I am really appreciative of all of these nice selections and I plan on checking them all out!

 

You are all the best!!!  Woman Wink


 

@AngelPuppy1

 

No biggie if you order them from Zappos, Amazon, or any other place that has free shipping and free returns,.  Woman Happy

 

Then you can keep trying on 'til your heart's (and foot's, LOL) content!

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people only from their own experiences."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,158
Registered: ‎06-27-2013

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,158
Registered: ‎06-27-2013

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

@feline groovy  Thank you sweeet friend.IMG_4862.PNG

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,628
Registered: ‎07-29-2014

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

You're a lovely person, @butterfly123.

 

Image result for cat smile gif

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people only from their own experiences."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,364
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

@AngelPuppy1

So, what pair(s) are you going to try for spring/summer?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,057
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics


@lolakimono wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

So, what pair(s) are you going to try for spring/summer?


@lolakimono

 

I haven't decided yet!!!  I have looked a whole bunch of these up and have them by my computer.  Hard choice!!!  Woman LOL

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,857
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

@AngelPuppy1

 

Have you considered using kinesiology tape?  My former neighbor had a bad ankle and would frequently wrap it in this tape and it never stopped her from wearing cute flip flops and sandals.  It comes in a wide array of colors so you could coordinate with your outfits!

maxresdefault.jpg

ankle-sprain-step3-cropped.jpg

 

 Screen-Shot-2016-03-21-at-10.18.03-AM.png

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,057
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics


@magicmoodz wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

 

Have you considered using kinesiology tape?  My former neighbor had a bad ankle and would frequently wrap it in this tape and it never stopped her from wearing cute flip flops and sandals.  It comes in a wide array of colors so you could coordinate with your outfits!

maxresdefault.jpg

ankle-sprain-step3-cropped.jpg

 

 Screen-Shot-2016-03-21-at-10.18.03-AM.png


@magicmoodz

 

I never heard of this --- is this something you get from a doctor?  It looks very interesting!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin