Honored Contributor

Re: Received my GILI Madison satchel...

On 9/20/2014 stevieb said:

I decided that the "G" on my bag stands for 'going back'... When I first looked at it, I gave it sort of a quick look-see. Upon taking it out yesterday and really examining it, I found a spot of disconsolation that's very obvious in daylight. The bag is clearly brand new, never used and so on, but I'd swear it looks like a grease spot. It isn't, it's just where dye apparently ran where it wasn't supposed to, but it's too obvious to keep at this price. I won't be reordering because EP is now no longer an option. If they'd quit playing stupid games with EP they might be able to sell me another... but they don't so they won't. Simple as that. I did decide the green choice is absolutely beautiful and it really is too bad about this very obvious flaw.

Hey stevieb...a spot is a spot and these bags are too expensive to keep if they are flawed...I don't think you were wild about the Gs and the hardware anyway. Even if it was not flawed, you would always be reminded of those areas despite the otherwise beautiful look of the bag.

I am sure there will be other new styles on the horizon! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Until then, I've been trying to go shopping for handbags in my main clothes closet (and bookshelves and dining room closet and front hall closet...you get the idea). Wink

Super Contributor

I decided that the "G" on my bag stands for 'going back'... When I first looked at it, I gave it sort of a quick look-see. Upon taking it out yesterday and really examining it, I found a spot of disconsolation that's very obvious in daylight. The bag is clearly brand new, never used and so on, but I'd swear it looks like a grease spot. It isn't, it's just where dye apparently ran where it wasn't supposed to, but it's too obvious to keep at this price. I won't be reordering because EP is now no longer an option. If they'd quit playing stupid games with EP they might be able to sell me another... but they don't so they won't. Simple as that. I did decide the green choice is absolutely beautiful and it really is too bad about this very obvious flaw.

If you simply did an exchange, you'd still get the EZ pay, right?

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

Hey stevieb...a spot is a spot and these bags are too expensive to keep if they are flawed...I don't think you were wild about the Gs and the hardware anyway. Even if it was not flawed, you would always be reminded of those areas despite the otherwise beautiful look of the bag.

I am sure there will be other new styles on the horizon! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Until then, I've been trying to go shopping for handbags in my main clothes closet (and bookshelves and dining room closet and front hall closet...you get the idea). Wink

Oh EEL, do I ever get your drift. I could go bag shopping in every room I have... Yet another reason to send it back. It is a beautiful bag, but no, the spot makes it completely unacceptable. I have more than enough bags to last several lifetimes so there truly is no reason to even consider keeping this one. The green is stunning though and maybe down the road... I'd likely have returned it anyway, but this seals the deal... The hardware becomes less of an issue when you see it in person, but there are too many strikes against this one, sad to say.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 cgil said:

Having never done an exchange that involved EP, you know, I honestly don't know. I might well call on Monday, though, and find out. They might look a bit askance at me when I tell them I want to exchange it because it's defective and I also want to exchange it for a different color!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 9/20/2014 cgil said:

Having never done an exchange that involved EP, you know, I honestly don't know. I might well call on Monday, though, and find out. They might look a bit askance at me when I tell them I want to exchange it because it's defective and I also want to exchange it for a different color!

I don't see anything weird in that. You might have changed your mind on the color. And it's unfortunate you got a defective bag. Almost like if the bag sensed your indecisiveness (is that a word?? Lol) and have you a reason to sent it back!