Super Contributor

Re: Re-think this Q !!!! Do we deface the Italian flag?

I actually would really like this bag without the $ sign. Just because it doesn't have the correct amount of stars and stripes, how is this any different from Aimee Kesterburg's handbag (A234334)? It gets rave reviews.

Trusted Contributor

I have never ever posted anything negative about anyone at QVC and I'm not starting now. This post is about that ugly handbag (S7449). It's offensive; and I sent off an email to QVC telling them how I feel. That huge dollar sign on the American flag is way over the line. That's my opinion and I'm offended!

Edited by me to change the word "anymore" to "anyone"...which is what I meant to type in the first place.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

This has to be not only the most offensive bag I have seen lately, but it is the ugliest.

To me this is Lisa saying "HAHA! You will buy anything that I hold up next to me! HAHA!"

#epicfail

Honored Contributor

The flag appears dirty. I believe the entire design is outside the "rules" for displaying the American flag. Give it the proper respect old flags deserve and have the American Legion burn them. I said that in jest, but why not?

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Cat From TN said:
On 7/5/2014 banjo said:

The bag that Lisa is showing is going to be in the Ovarian Cancer show that they do from the Hamptons. She did not design the bag, and more than likely, QVC had her pose with it because she will be hosting the show from the Hamptons. I don't like the bag either, but I certainly don't find it outrageous, it's just a bag. Some of you will pick up anything just so you can bash this host. GEEZ!!

It's not Lisa, it's the BAG that people have a problem with. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Why can't there be a discussion about an ugly bag without someone feeling the need to defend Lisa Robertson? The bag here is the issue and how disrespectful to our country with the $ on it. I'm sure Lisa doesn't love it either, but that's how she makes her living.

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

Is anyone NOT noticing the DOLLAR SIGN on the bag?!?! THAT is what is tacky and classless that most are talking about.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It's like people are blind

Trusted Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Katrinka23 said:

The flag design doesn't bother me as much as the dollar sign placed over it, but after all, it is an appropriate logo for Li$a.

I get the best pictures in my head from posts on this board! Now every time I hear someone mention Lisa, I'm going to see Li$a. A few weeks ago a poster was talking about Isaac always saying a product is a "monied" look and she said that meant bills flying out of your wallet. Now whenever he says that, I see dollars flying out of a wallet. Posters paint some good pictures.

ETA: I forgot about the OP's topic. I'm not a fan of the bag.

Honored Contributor

I said on her FB page I found it offensive.

Frequent Contributor

Did any of you read this?

"The flag of the United States is any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, accurate or not, that is recognized as a flag by the reasonable observer." (Flag Code, Section 3)

"No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America." (Flag Code, Section 8)

"The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything." (Flag Code, Section 8h)

I think you should review the Flag Code for the Flag of the United States of America. Your depiction is disrespectful and illegal in the District of Columbia, subject to a fine. Not to be used on any sort of apparel and it is not to have any symbols added to it (like your distasteful dollar sign). Read it.

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 depglass said:

The flag appears dirty. I believe the entire design is outside the "rules" for displaying the American flag. Give it the proper respect old flags deserve and have the American Legion burn them. I said that in jest, but why not?

http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf

That's a link to the Flag Code. Rather than speculate ... read the rules.