Frequent Contributor

Re: Re-think this Q !!!! Do we deface the Italian flag?

For everyone's information, the American flag is NOT to be used as any sort of apparel! Yes, lots of "designers" do it, but they aren't supposed to. If you REALLY think about it, it makes sense. It is degrading in any form except as the flag that is proudly flown.

Honored Contributor

That style is a bit edgy for the Q! It's like a statement.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

That is one UGLY bag.

Frequent Contributor

As Slate pointed out, it is not illegal to wear the American flag on your clothing, but the United States government does not love it.

In the same document, there is a section that describes respect for the flag. Some of the things listed are that it should not be carried flat and horizontal or used as a receptacle to hold other items in. It also can't be used as part of athletic wear -- unless it's in the form of a American flag patch.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding or drapery," according to the document. (the document being the Flag Code).

Honored Contributor

The bag is okay without the tacky $ sign added.

Regular Contributor

The flag design doesn't bother me as much as the dollar sign placed over it, but after all, it is an appropriate logo for Li$a.

Respected Contributor

I have seen may garments, scarves, accessories and home products with the American Flag used in a fun and tasteful way, but this bag is none of those. What exactly is the message this bag is sending with the BIG dollar sign? That Americans are materialistic? I would be embarrassed to carry it at any price. It certainly isn't the message I want to give by carring it. It's a big, and easy pass for me.
Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 BradyW said:

As Slate pointed out, it is not illegal to wear the American flag on your clothing, but the United States government does not love it.

In the same document, there is a section that describes respect for the flag. Some of the things listed are that it should not be carried flat and horizontal or used as a receptacle to hold other items in. It also can't be used as part of athletic wear -- unless it's in the form of a American flag patch.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding or drapery," according to the document. (the document being the Flag Code).

What does it say as to the $ sign splashed over it?

Regular Contributor

On 7/5/2014 banjo said:

The bag that Lisa is showing is going to be in the Ovarian Cancer show that they do from the Hamptons. She did not design the bag, and more than likely, QVC had her pose with it because she will be hosting the show from the Hamptons. I don't like the bag either, but I certainly don't find it outrageous, it's just a bag. Some of you will pick up anything just so you can bash this host. GEEZ!!

It's not Lisa, it's the BAG that people have a problem with. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Super Contributor

I would feel the same with any host carrying this bag. It is 100% the bag itself that is distasteful.