Respected Contributor

Re: REMEMBERING SHOES FROM LONG AGO

I remember Poll Parrot, Buster Brown and Red Goose shoes when I was a kid.  

We didn't have much money, but my mother was very insistent that we had good shoes.

Honored Contributor

This may have been mentioned, but do you remember the Xray machines to check the shoes' fit?

Super Contributor

the shoes with the wavy bottoms were Famolare

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops, ITA!!! My older feet are soooo fussy about what shoes I put on them, LOL!!! I also miss the days when I could wear anything on my feet and be (relatively) comfortable!!👟👟
Valued Contributor

@hooked on books   It would be nice to wear what we want in comfort and style!

Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx, it sure would! I could tolerate foot discomfort when I was younger but now, those dogs just start right in with their barking, LOL!!!😀
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judy0330 I used to love shopping at Bakers!  We also had a store called "Shoe Town."  My Mom used to take us there all the time to buy our shoes.  They had so many pairs of shoes.  I was sad when they closed.  I remembered my feet always being measured, as they were growing "up" with me.  It was so lovely as a kid ( & adult) to have a store employee help you find shoes and put them on your feet; and to make sure that you had a good fit before leaving the store.  

Valued Contributor

I remember Converse Chris Evert (the tennis player) All Star tennis sneakers from the seventies or eighties.

Frequent Contributor

I remember Thom McAn in high school.  My friend had a pair of saddle shoes from that brand!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Old Maine Trotters.

My brother worked for an advertising agency. And they were doing a photo shoot for Old Maine Trotters. All the shoes were a size 6. Just so happened that I was a size 6 and no one else working on the photo shot was. So my brother asked me if I wanted some of the shoes. Of course I said sure.

Well, my brother brought me 12 pairs of Old Maine Trotter shoes and boots. He said he couldn't carry anymore. 

They were so well made. I donated most of them and they still looked brand new when I donated them.