Esteemed Contributor

Re: REMEMBERING SHOES FROM LONG AGO

Of course, Buster Brown  shoes ,  patent leather and those brown and white oxford  leather ones.

In the 1970's remember Bare Traps  shoe brand . I had   several  pairs  of wedges some were   drk blue  corduroy ,  drk green corduroy  , burgundy velvet  and a bright  peacock iridescent blue shoe .  Yes, you could really suffer a bad ankle sprain  if you didn't watch how you walked in the wedges.

Respected Contributor

When I was in grade school during the 50s, my mother bought me saddle shoes two years in a row. What was special about them was that they weren't the traditional black and white: mine were RED PLAID and white.

I'd still like a pair like that today!

Super Contributor

Pappagallo loved their style of shoes.  Wore cream/brown saddle shoes in elementary school (don't remember) the brand.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Don't think penny loafers was a brand-or was it?

@Group 5 minus 1 penny loafers was a type, Bass Wegens were an example.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

Any brand of white Go Go boots! I saved and saved to get my pair! And could just not wait to wear them to school the next day Woman Very Happy

Can't really remember what started that trend unless it was Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" song! Though I do remember linking arms at recess with other white-go-go-boot-wearing girls and singing "I'm not your stepping stone" (I, I, I, I, I'm, not your steppin stone) by the Monkees at the top of our voices, so maybe it came from there. We thought we were super duper LOL.

@Happy2BHere Did you also dance "The Pony" in your boots?Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Loved Candies!  

We all wore Dr. Scholl's sandals.  The noisiest shoes I have ever known.  I remember clomping down the stairs with them.  Sounded like a horse!  No offense to the horse!

I really need to find a Shoes Anonymous group.  To this day, I cannot pass a shoe department in any store.  My latest faves are JSlides.

Super Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Happy2BHere Did you also dance "The Pony" in your boots?Smiley Happy

Absolutely! And way back then I could "Pony" for hours without getting pooped out! Unlike today, when my Pony has turned into an "Old Nag" lol

Respected Contributor

They still make them but I had a pair of Hush Puppies in 4th grade I could not wait to outgrow. I used to drag the toes on cement I hated them so much. Sensible shoes though they were.  Yuk!

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

Viner, Hush Puppies, Keds, Bass, Capezio, Etienne Aigner, and Pappagallo.