Respected Contributor

I just bought my first pair of FitFlop sandals as I plan to wear them on a trip to NYC where we will be doing a lot of walking.

Question- Does the rubber footbead make your feet sweat?  

I wear Vionics with no problem but the footbeds are more sueded. 

Thank you for any insight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for FitFlop owners

Fit flops sandals are not a good choice for walking in NYC, I would suggest a covered sneaker, like Sketchers or Bzees. I worked in NYC for 20+ years and rarely wore open sandals in the city streets

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

ITA with the previous poster.

While Fitflop sandals do not make my feet sweat and I love them, an open sandal like a flip flop is totally inappropriate for walking around NYC. You need a good walking/ running sneaker with coverage and good arch support for walking and taking public transit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I have no foot perspiration when I wear Fit Flops.  They are my summer go to casual shoes.  Presently I'm wearing red ones.

We split our time between NYC and the Jersey Shore.  I wear them when walking all over the city.  Then again I hate closed shoes, particularly athletic shoes, in warm weather.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the replies!  I was hoping the footbed would not make my feet sweat - so now I know I can pack them.

Our trip to NYC will involve catching cabs and walking around muesums, going to Broadway shows and Central Park for a picnic brunch.  We will not be shelping all around the city or jumping on and off the subways so a sneaker is not a must.

This is not or first, second or even10th time to NYC.   We just pop in for an occasional trip for a dose of culture and a good bagel!!