Honored Contributor

Question about GILI Milano Double Zip Exotic Leather Hobo

A258454

I first ordered this in grey ostrich when it was a TSV last fall and gave it to DD for her birthday. She loved it. The first day she carried it the pins came out and the strap broke. She was really disappointed. I returned it, but couldn't get her another one as they were sold out at the time.

Shortly after Christmas I noticed they were back in stock. I ordered it again to surprise her. When I opened the box, I noticed it had been previously returned, but we both checked it over and it seemed fine. I told her someone might have returned it because she didn't like the color or she thought it was too big, or something like that.

Once again, she called me the next day and said the same thing had happened. I called QVC, who of course told me to return it. I asked the CS rep I talked to what the chances were of getting one that would last. She couldn't tell me, and I really didn't expect her too.

DD loves the bag, but she's tired of going through this.

So -- two questions:

Judging by the reviews some people have nothing at all wrong with their bag and they are very happy, and some have had the same thing happen to theirs. I don't get it. How can you trust you will get one that is well made?

Would you take a chance on getting another one?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about GILI Milano Double Zip Exotic Leather Hobo

If that happened to me twice, I would not order it again. JMO. Maybe there will be another G.I.L.I. coming up that you will like? Or try another handbag brand? Dooney has leather faux ostrich. London Fog has faux non-leather ostrich.
Good luck with your decision, EEL

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

If that happened to me twice, I would not order it again. JMO. Maybe there will be another G.I.L.I. coming up that you will like? Or try another handbag brand? Dooney has leather faux ostrich. London Fog has faux non-leather ostrich.
Good luck with your decision, EEL

OMG-the thread about the new GILI & our comments has been removed!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Chi-town girl said:

Were there some problems with the new one? This was my first experience with GILI.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 2/6/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

If that happened to me twice, I would not order it again. JMO. Maybe there will be another G.I.L.I. coming up that you will like? Or try another handbag brand? Dooney has leather faux ostrich. London Fog has faux non-leather ostrich.<br /> Good luck with your decision, EEL

Oh brother! Or should I say Big Brother! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 beach-mom said:
On 2/6/2015 Chi-town girl said: OMG-the thread about the new GILI & our comments has been removed!

Were there some problems with the new one? This was my first experience with GILI.

Hi beach-mom -- Chi-town girl was talking about a different thread that she started. She posted her message here to let me know because our thread was gone. It wasn't about your G.I.L.I. bag. Sorry for the confusion, EEL

Valued Contributor

At this point, I wouldn't. If all of them sold out originally, all they have for sale right now are returns. Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I love that bag too. I ordered brown snake, croco, and pebble leather. The pins on the brown snake were loose, so I got a replacement and had the same problem but at that point I was over th r brown snake because I liked the pebble leather more, so I kept that one. My croco was perfect but the leather was stiff, and I wasn't too crazy about the color, so I decided to return it, too.
Valued Contributor

I bought my daughter the Cream Snake for Christmas and she has had that bag packed everyday since and has not had any problems. I read about some of the issues with the pins after I purchased hers and was worried. So far it has been okay....keeping my fingers crossed though.