Frequent Contributor

QVC, why no wide Alegria shoes?

I really like the Alegria shoe styles and patterns, and would love to try them. But for some reason, QVC doesn't seem to offer any Alegria shoes in wide widths. Why? People with broad feet like cute shoes, too! I'd buy the shoes with the sugar skull pattern or the star galaxy pattern in a second if I could get it in wide..

Judging by my web search results, Alegria does make wide shoes. It seems like QVC simply chooses not to carry them.

Contributor

Re: QVC, why no wide Alegria shoes?

I'm with you on this! Last year they had one in wide widths, and I scooped them up.  I'd love more as well.  Maybe someone is listening!?

Trusted Contributor

They look pretty wide to me.  I also wear a wide, but I think they would work.

Regular Contributor

All my Alegria shoes are wide width, and I ordered them from QVC. Good clearance prices for some of them. First time my plantar fasciiatis doesn't raise its ugly head without my Birkenstocks.
Trusted Contributor

On the QVC search bar type "Algeria wide". It will bring up several styles in new and "as is".  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Alegrias tend to run wide.  I wear a medium and they are often too wide.  You can order them from the official Alegria website at the same price as QVC or less and free shipping.  They have constant clearance sales but not all sizes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I wear wide width shoes.   I tried Alegria in a local shoe store here and it was wide enough for me.   They run wide.

Honored Contributor

Alegria doen't actually make a 'wide' shoe, you just change the insole to a wide insole (sold here on QVC) which is thinner and gives more width to the shoe.

If you buy a wide Alegria shoe, it simply comes with the wide insole already in it, instead of the 'medium' insole.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

They are wider than most, but any Mary-Jane type strap cuts into my foot if it isn't a wide width. I have a high in-step in addition to wide foot. The wides with the strap from last year were great!

Contributor

I actually just got my sugar skull shoes and they are amazing! I have a wide foot, too, but they fit me perfectly. I will take a 8.5W in most shoes, but the normal 8.5 was great in this brand. I say you should definitely order! VERY comfortable right of of the box!