Trusted Contributor
On 10/7/2014 colliegirls said:
On 10/6/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

Why don't they just use the models for these shoe shows??

They are paid professionals that keep their feet tidy and pretty, because they have to.

Some of the model's feet that I have seen look pretty bad also. No reason that I can put my finger on, but that overhead camera as Jane puts the shoes on, doesn't work for me.

I also think it's that overhead camera! It's just not a flattering shot. I don't think Jane's feet are that bad, only very young feet look decent in high def, but they should just shoot her from the front.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/7/2014 Vivian said: I don't care how pretty or ugly someone's foot is. The point is that it is unsanitary to try on shoes without socks on. Shoe stores and shoe departments require some sort of foot covering for good reason. The thought that those shoes being shown on QVC will go back on the shelf, only to be worn again in a future presentation or worse being sold As Is, makes me a little queasy.

Shoe stores do have those little stocking/peds things. They are small and rip easily. I use them, so I know. However, take a look around the next time you are trying on shoes. From my observation, most people do not use them! I have seen this at shoe stores, Kohl's, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. There are little boxes of these things scattered around, but most people don't bother to get them or use them. EW!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Regarding the comment about aging feet....my feet are over 50 and I have very nice, "pretty" feet (seems weird to think of feet as "pretty"). I am told all the time how nice my feet are (which might seem like a strange compliment).

Gloria

Trusted Contributor
On 10/6/2014 echoscream said:

I am 72 - so the thought of anyone wearing any shoes (unless summer sandals) without some kind of foot socks, just seems kind of unsanitary to me. But I'm not so small minded as to think everyone should think the same way. But then, all the standards that I grew up with, have flown out the door.

But, I am curious - I wonder - do the shoe stores still ask you to wear some kind of socks or foot protectors, when you try on their shoes? I haven't been to a shoe store in years - so I'm dumb about whether or not - that standard has been thrown away too.

The condition of some one's foot doesn't bother me, as much as them trying on shoes that aren't theirs to own. Like, where do those shoes go, that have been worn by the hosts and models? Aren't there still foot diseases these days? Maybe I'm just too old fashioned!

Do they "ask"? Well, not really. They may "suggest" by way of having little boxes of these terrible nylon foot covers around (that rip easily and hardly cover the foot--I should know). However, I have NEVER seen it enforced in any shoe store or shoe department I have been in. I will see barefoot people trying on shoes and have never seen a store employee go up to them and ask them to put one of those things on.

Valued Contributor
Jane needs to wear tights or knee high hose when presenting fall & winter shoes or boots. Better yet just have the models show how a shoe looks. There is no reason, IMO, why we have to see Jane putting on every shoe she presents.
Respected Contributor
Couple of points....yes,Jane's feet gross me out but they are clean and polished so it's not that it's unsanitary. It's just she has feet that are not cute at all!! I hate those overhead shots when she crosses her ankles and points her toes...blech! I don't want to see her trying on any shoes. I never would get the urge to buy shoes from her. Let the models do it. Now about trying on shoes without footies... I sold shoes in a very nice dept store during college. We had boxes of footies and some used them but not all. Mostly it's not any different than trying on clothes in a store.People don't don a body stocking to try on clothes. I would not try on sandals sand other shoes worn barefoot with a footie. It doesn't get an accurate fit to the shoes. I think there are WAY more gross things than trying on shoes barefoot.
Valued Contributor
Why would I want to put my socks on Jane? Doesn't she have her own socks? Just fooling with you. A comma does make a difference. ;-)
Valued Contributor
On 10/29/2014 birkin baby said: Couple of points....yes,Jane's feet gross me out but they are clean and polished so it's not that it's unsanitary. It's just she has feet that are not cute at all!! I hate those overhead shots when she crosses her ankles and points her toes...blech! I don't want to see her trying on any shoes. I never would get the urge to buy shoes from her. Let the models do it. Now about trying on shoes without footies... I sold shoes in a very nice dept store during college. We had boxes of footies and some used them but not all. Mostly it's not any different than trying on clothes in a store.People don't don a body stocking to try on clothes. I would not try on sandals sand other shoes worn barefoot with a footie. It doesn't get an accurate fit to the shoes. I think there are WAY more gross things than trying on shoes barefoot.
Jane's feet are not camera friendly.
Respected Contributor
On 10/29/2014 shamalamadingdong4 said: Why would I want to put my socks on Jane? Doesn't she have her own socks? Just fooling with you. A comma does make a difference. ;-)
.....good catch and funny reply!!! Haha
Respected Contributor
Sylanne, and now that everything is in HD....definitely not!! Haha
Contributor
I think QVC is enjoying ignoring people who try to tell them what they should do with their hosts and presentations. Probably fun to sit back and read all these complaints about nothing and then laugh about it, and then do just the opposite. ; )