Super Contributor

Handbags, purses, wallets, clutches, those things many females drag around in some form, as if a necessary organ needed for life. Yes, I'm not a fan of enlarging my core beyond the layers needed to go about others in an upright position, clothed.

So when I needed to carry something larger, I found myself in a forest of hanging tanned skins, some still with fur, some still stinking from processing, some dotted with still-opened, but fashionably-glazed over, pores (or whatever they are called), where some dead ostrich or emu had their feathers plucked. If the temperature were much colder, I'd have felt as if I were in a meat locker. I resisted all urge to punch all these colorfully hung carcasses, even though I imagined the theme song from Rocky was faintly being moaned out through clenched zippered teeth and paper puffed pockets.

So I looked. I had a need, not a want. But what I needed did not need to be made from a dead animal. So I exclusively looked for non-animal skinned bags. And I scrutinized all. To me, the zipper must be metal. Tossing all non-metal zippered bags aside, I continued my judgment of the "chosen". To me, a purse must not weigh more than I can lift with the tip of my pinky finger. If your pinky snapped crookedly to the back of your hand from the weight of an empty handbag, would you buy it before you go to the emergency room?

Bottom line: I scrutinized every detail--and I didn't want an ugly boilerplate bag with silly details, or obvious knockoff looks, or crummy closures and ridiculous "trend" baiting. I do like nice and I didn't "settle" either…and I wanted a wallet too!

And each bag and wallet went under the same careful study & scrutinization. I didn't look at cost either (I mean, I need this thing so I want it to be perfect). As for price? I am sure you've noticed this, haven't you, in regard to cost of a bag? A lady will look at the price of the bag to determine if it is expensive enough to "fit in" and then she will look at the bag. As if "price" means it is the bag she wants--or is it really a "brag bag"? None of you do this, I am sure. But I did notice a lady with a LV bag over her shoulder looking at clearance jewelry items. Kiss Oh! Back to my story...

So…..I ended up with two choices. One was for the bag. One was for the wallet.

And guess what? My decision: They both ended up being by the same designer group. They are called MMS Design Studio. And I am so happy.

The wallet? Sit down: $12.99 (Regular $20.00)

The handbag? Hold the sides of your chair: $19.00 (Regular $35.00)

Bought at TJ Maxx! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So check them out! I was surprised I ended up picking up two different items (purse, wallet) and finding out they were designed by the same company!

MMS Design Studio Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/mmshandbags

Highlighted
Super Contributor
I love TJMAXX and Marshalls!!!!! Glad you were able to find what you needed Ical Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Love your post!

Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 funwun said: I love TJMAXX and Marshalls!!!!! Glad you were able to find what you needed Ical Smiley Happy

Thank you! Smile I wish I could show pictures of the bag and wallet! It's so nice no animals were hurt in the making of their designs! And, they are nice! I love those two stores, as well!

Super Contributor
On 10/29/2014 faeriemoon said:

Love your post!

Thank you! I love my new purse and wallet, it is just what I needed and they are so nice too. I tried to find them on the internet, but I can't find photos.

Honored Contributor

I love the pictures of the handbags on their Facebook page. I'll have to go to TJ Maxx and look for them. Glad you found something you liked.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau