Super Contributor
I have started wearing this brand after ankle fusion surgery. I haven’t purchased from the Q yet, but the pairs I have are like Skechers, but even more comfortable. So if you are looking for a comfy casual shoe check them out.
Honored Contributor

@3blackdogs. If you've had surgery, I'm surprised your doctor didn't advise you on what type of shoe you should be wearing in the immediate future.  Surely after ankle surgery, you'd need something with good support.  Sketchers are probably the most unsupportive shoe you could buy.  Propet shoes vary greatly because they make such a variety of styles but any shoe in the loafer or "ballet" style ate not going to be supportive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
Actually he was fine with it. I need a shoe with straps over the top due to all the swelling. I can’t skip my foot into a sneaker type shoe due to ankle fusion. I had 4 surgeries in 6 months on my ankle and wasn’t wearing
a shoe at all due to external frame, cast, walking boot. The Propet brand has wide and extra wide which helped a lot. I think I ordered and returned 20 pairs of shoes before finding Propet and Trotter sandals🤷‍♀️
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@3blackdogs. If you've had surgery, I'm surprised your doctor didn't advise you on what type of shoe you should be wearing in the immediate future.  Surely after ankle surgery, you'd need something with good support.  Sketchers are probably the most unsupportive shoe you could buy.  Propet shoes vary greatly because they make such a variety of styles but any shoe in the loafer or "ballet" style ate not going to be supportive.

A couple of years ago, I purchased 2 pair of Sketchers from the Q - and both feet pronated. Never have experienced that - before or after. No support.

Trusted Contributor
I like some of the Sketcher's collection, but for me personally they just don't have enough support. I find Vionic and Ryka (and some Earth styles) brands to be comfortably supportive under my arches.
Super Contributor
The Propet brand is an ortho brand from I could tell, with many of their shoes looking like it. They have quite a bit of support. I’ve found the 2 pairs I purchased to be really comfortable. I had no clue after these surgeries how hard shoes would be. Have been buying 2 different sizes and maryjane styles work the best. I did try Vionic and Earth and they weren’t working at the time.
Trusted Contributor
@3blackdogs, good luck moving forward after your surgery!! I might take a look at Propet since I need shoes with great support! Thanks for the info!!
Super Contributor
Thank you. Check Amazon too. Lots of their styles are pretty Ortho looking, but there are some nice tones. The Oralee style I think is supportive!!
Trusted Contributor
@3blackdogs, thanks, will do!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I broke 3 bones in my ankle & had open reduction.  I have a plate & 6 screws.  My Dr. Recommended AVIA shoes.