Valued Contributor

Problem with sandal straps stretching

Speaking of Earth and Clark I guess. Although I buy shoes that are adjustable some are faux I am finding that once they stretch, they there is not enough adjustability to compensate. So they become unwearable after the return window. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Problem with sandal straps stretching

I watch the demos for sneakers with MESH tops and wonder why anybody would even consider them.  Over time - probably short time - they are bound to stretch out or collapse down - giving zero support b/c they have no substance.  Cheap and sloppy is what you may end up with.

Give me leather or something with strength. 

Honored Contributor

If you have a shoe shop they can put a hole where you need it.  That way you have a "custom" fit.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

If you have a shoe shop they can put a hole where you need it.  That way you have a "custom" fit.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Hello, Sweetie. Sorry to interrupt, but my ankle straps need tightening from the get go. I use a nail and a hammer on a piece of wood....especially now that we can't get out and shop may be closed. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   Hello, Sweetie. Sorry to interrupt, but my ankle straps need tightening from the get go. I use a nail and a hammer on a piece of wood....especially now that we can't get out and shop may be closed. 

@Shanus That works too!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I watch the demos for sneakers with MESH tops and wonder why anybody would even consider them.  Over time - probably short time - they are bound to stretch out or collapse down - giving zero support b/c they have no substance.  Cheap and sloppy is what you may end up with.

Give me leather or something with strength. 

With my less than perfect feet I find the mesh/stretch top sneakers extreamly comfortable and releive pressure points.  I have one pair I still wear that is three years old and still my favorite pair.  I am more concerned with the  footbed.  Nothing works for everyone.