Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks these new shoe brands offered on Qvc are too expensive? Unless I am absolutely sure the brand will fit my feet,I'm not paying $190.00 + for shoes or boots!  Miz Mooz boots are on now-$239.95 for tall leather boots! 

Respected Contributor

Yes, more expensive than the usual.  I think they are worth the price.  I tend to purchase shoes I know I will have for years and not the cheaper brands that won't last past a season.  These are quality material.

Valued Contributor

What if in a year or two they are out of style or you just don't like them anymore? That's a question I always ask myself when I think of purchasing more expensive footwear.

Esteemed Contributor

I get long wear out of shoes with low to  moderate price points.  For me they are far too expensive. 

Honored Contributor

They are sort of cute, but they also all look very similar. To spend that much, I would really have to love them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Shell60

I stand all day for work, and my building is quite large, so I go for quality and comfort.  I will spend more on shoes/boots than I do on other things, like makeup/hair, because those aren't my "thing."

Since you referenced Miz Mooz specifically, I would encourage you to check out 6pm.com, where there are many pairs priced at 60% off or more.  I don't know your size or what style you were considering, but you might find something you'll like.  Another tip is to do a Google image search with the boot that you like, and check "similar images" to see what comes up.  Sometimes the new style I see appeals to me more, and that's what I end up buying.

Respected Contributor

They are pretty much a classic style.  One I know personally I would continue to wear year after year.  I'm not trusting the sizing though.  I don't get 5.5 to 6 and next size is 6.5 to 7.  I generally wear a 6.  I know a 5.5 would be too small, yet 6.5 would be too big unless it's a really narrow, tight-fitting style.  Just don't get why they can't give every boot their own size and not a generalization. 

Contributor

Thank you Lolakimono-will check those options. You always have good suggestions! I stand and walk a lot also -Library assistant,AM car duty-so I agree on need for comfort.

Trusted Contributor

On some brands, I will spend the $$$.  I have some classic Stuart Weitzman ankle boots that must be over 15 years old. Classic black leather with a kitten style heel, zip on side.  

I am very OCD about my shoes. I keep them stuffed in their original plastic bags.  They still look beautiful. Those booties, even with my Saks discount at the time, were about $150.  I bought them in brown also.

So I think I got my money's worth out of them!  I have tips and bottoms redone as needed for a small cost for all my shoes. 

I need well made & comfortable shoes/boots.  They have to be good looking too!  And I'm not afraid to purchase a wide or go up a 1/2 size for proper fit.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have noticed more expensive shoes on the Q lately. I have spent as much as $130 a few times, but most of my shoes, boots, sandals, etc. cost around $50 - 75. In this price range they have held up well for me. My biggest shoe concern is comfort though. If a pair is on sale and cheap but not comfortable, I won't purchase.