Honored Contributor

Shoe prices have really gone up.  I have a pair of Clarks that I paid in the low $40's and they are now selling for the low $80's.  It's a joke.  Same leather, same style.  I noticed Earth prices are really rising.  There was a pair on the other day for nearly $100 for a summer sandal type.  What do you think of shoe prices?  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you prices keep going up.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are really going up.  I don’t mind paying a higher price for good leather shoes and boots, but $100+ for a pair of sandals...no way. 

I prefer to be barefoot in the summertime anyway and with those prices, I might have no choice.

Honored Contributor

QVC is not the only place to shop. I would buy locally or even on line for the same brands at lower prices.

Regular Contributor

I agree...bought a pair of cloudsteppers, and I think they are just glorified slippers. For that price, I can buy leather shoes with better arch support.

Honored Contributor

I buy shoes from many retailers, And they are all going up.  I live in PA and even go to the outlet stores for shoes.

i went into a Clark’s Shoe Store and DH was with me....I just looked and walked out.  He said “ thank goodness you got out of there...those shoes are expensive.”  They were higher than what QVC sells them for.

i do buy clogs that cost $207 a pair and they last for many years and are worth it.  But I would never pay $100 for a pair of sandals...there is not enough material to warrant that price, especially in a size 6.

Honored Contributor

The least expensive shoes I buy come from QVC!  This is where I first found Vionics, and I still occasionally find a pair here that I can wear.  The few styles that work for my bad feet cost less here than elsewhere.  They haven't gone up any more here than at other places I buy shoes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday looked at the Easy Spirit site for my favorite clogs. $69.00. Checked Amazon, ordered them for  $49.34 tax $3.48 but like a dummy forgot my son has prime so could have had him order them for me and saved the $5.48 S&H.

Respected Contributor

I routinely pay over $100 sandals. I wear a lot of Birkenstocks, Abeo  and Ecco sandals. And in our climate, we can wear sandals year round.

Trusted Contributor

I buy most of my shoes online at Shoes.com.  Free shipping and free returns and they are always having 20-30% off sales. I also get rewards points every time I make a purchase. I gave up buying shoes from QVC because of inconsistent sizing.