Contributor

Price for Manmade materials for Vionic is too high!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Price for Manmade materials for Vionic is too high!!

birkenstock has been doing it for YEARS.

you are paying more for the footbed technology than the materials that the uppers are made from.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have yet to try on a Vionic and give the slightest thought to the material it was made of.  Right now I am wearing a Vionic 3-strap slip in sandal.  I assume it's man-made materials.

Too expensive is an opinion, not a fact.  If my opinion were that they were too expensive, I'd use my opinion to  buy something else.

That's not my opinion.  I actually bought a second pair of this exact same shoe -  same size, same color.  Maybe boring, but so comfortable for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Dunno know, I wonder what the price for leather uppers and soles would be?  You might be surprised.

Regular Contributor

I only use shoes with built in support and Vionic is only one of multiple companies. In the past year or so, I have found many Earth Origens or Earth shoes that are often on sale. Even their full retail is generally less than Vionic. The company sells from its own site and recently had 50-70% off sales. These days all companies use man made materials almost interchanably with leather; you just bead read the descriptions carefully.