Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll: BEST shoe for standing ALL DAY

Onex!

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

Another vote for SAS.  Vionic is a respected brand....just to wide for my narrow feet.  

Super Contributor

Also...Tieks.  They aren't truly all day though.  They are pricey.

Super Contributor

Camille, I know exactly what you're talking about. I wore nothing but Birks for decades, loving them and believing I was doing the "right thing" for my feet. All of a sudden I developed arthritis in both feet (I really believe it's from the "gripping" of my toes in the Birks) and could no longer wear my Birks. I probably have 100 pair. I bought them thinking they were "forever" investments. Now I can only wear Allegrias or Vionics.

Super Contributor

I have been wearing Dansko for years'. I van wear birki in summer, I stand up most days at work and always have  

Respected Contributor

Mollysmama, I know my arthritis in my right foot is from it being crushed by a horse, and my left foot doesn't have it, but I fear most of all our health problems these days are due to how long we are living.  A couple of hundred years ago, if a woman made it to 50 it was a miracle, now we are making it into our 80's and 90's all the time.  It's no wonder our bodies are breaking down!  So we have to make sure we coddle ourselves, and if that means cushy shoes, then we get those soft, comfy, supportive soles. 

I have wondered about trying to sell my old Birkies on the "bayside auction site", but I think I'll just donate them to a charity and not stress over it.  I wish I hadn't spent all the money I spent on them, but I just have to remind mysel that it's water under the bridge, and let it go.

Respected Contributor

I vote for Vionics and Sketchers too. I even wear them as bedroom slippers. Most slippers have no support what so ever.

Respected Contributor

Alegria and BZees.

Contributor

I love Dansko, Fly London, Alegria, and Earth. I see that several votes came in for Vionic. I have several of their flip flop design sandals, but I have never seen their shoes. Are you all referrig to the sandals or are there actual Vionic shoes that you can recommend? I don't mean sneakers.

I have never heard of SAS shoes before and I just googled them. The ones I see look like my diabetic father's shoes. Does this brand make a more stylish shoe? I do not mean to offend anyone.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@jojoro wrote:

I love Dansko, Fly London, Alegria, and Earth. I see that several votes came in for Vionic. I have several of their flip flop design sandals, but I have never seen their shoes. Are you all referrig to the sandals or are there actual Vionic shoes that you can recommend? I don't mean sneakers.

I have never heard of SAS shoes before and I just googled them. The ones I see look like my diabetic father's shoes. Does this brand make a more stylish shoe? I do not mean to offend anyone.

Thanks.

@jojoro

Just go to Vionic's website and you can see their full line-up of shoes.  To answer your question, yes there are a lot of closed shoes as well as sandals and athletic shoes.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett