Honored Contributor

Re: Please use models to display sandels

How rude??!!!  Even if someone did have severely deformed and painfully crippled feet why should they have to hide it?!!  Gone are the days when physical imperfections were considered deformities and needed to be hidden!! 

I have never noticed anyone that had such severely deformed feet.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

displaying painfully crippled feet on air.   

@NYwoman, who the heck has "painfully crippled feet"?  Aren't you exaggerating just a bit? 

@NYwoman.  @Peaches McPhee  No, she's exaggerating a lot, grossly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Well...........I understand - but it isn't a necesary posting - nor very nice.

Honored Contributor

There, but for the grace of God and the universe, go we all - including yourself.

Honored Contributor

As the daughter of a man who had polio at six months of age that left him with both feet and both legs severely deformed, I find this topic very offensive.

My suggestion to the original poster is to get over it,  Life Is not all about you and your petty ideas.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

As the daughter of a man who had polio at six months of age that left him with both feet and both legs severely deformed, I find this topic very offensive.

My suggestion to the original poster is to get over it,  Life Is not all about you and your petty ideas.

Thank you ! I am offended too.

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

QVC, it is not pleasant to see sandels on air worn by people with severely deformed feet.

You have models to do this.  And you offer summer shoes that are not open toe for them to wear on air.  

I realize that you have been using extraordinary camera angles and tricks to hide the feet of people who insist on displaying painfully crippled feet on air.   But could some common sense prevail?  

Seems to me that "common sense" would dictate that we should try not to be rude and insulting toward imperfection, even if it were to be as noticeable as your post indicates,

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

For all the critics who assumed I am somehow disgusted by the handicapped......

I spent my childhood in a wheelchair and spent many an outing with other children with various handicaps.   I know Braille and AMESLAN.  

I am all for the inclusion of models with amputated limbs, with protheses, in wheelchairs, with vitiligo and such.   

It is another matter for a person who makes their living selling shoes to "model" them with toes that point in different directions.   There are models, paid by QVC, to display these shoes in the best way possible.   These professionals are paid to keep their feet healthy, well manicured and pretty.   And QVC sells many summer shoes, even sandals, that hide knarled toes.  

Open sores, fresh double fractures, toenail fungus, and knarled toes do not have to be "modeled".  

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I spent my childhood in a wheelchair and spent many an outing with other children with various handicaps.   I know Braille and AMESLAN.  

I am all for the inclusion of models with amputated limbs, with protheses, in wheelchairs, with vitiligo and such.   

It is another matter for a person who makes their living selling shoes to "model" them with toes that point in different directions.   There are models, paid by QVC, to display these shoes in the best way possible.   These professionals are paid to keep their feet healthy, well manicured and pretty.   And QVC sells many summer shoes, even sandals, that hide knarled toes.  

Open sores, fresh double fractures, toenail fungus, and knarled toes do not have to be "modeled".  

@NYwoman. You need to tell us who you are talking about. I have never seen the hideousness you speak of on a host. 

Respected Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I have never seen any of the above.  Some peoples feet are a little prettier than others but I think the same models are used for the clothing, make up, shoes, jewelry, etc.  I have not notice that there are different models for specific items.  Maybe the models with foot perfection were used for the jewelry show before it.  I really never gave it much thought.

Deb