Contributor

Please show shoes and sandals from all angles.

I know I’m not alone in that I have bunions on both feet...right worse than left. That said, I still love to wear sandals in the warm months but they can’t be the thin strappy kind...that’s a given. They dig into my feet and look so unattractive. My pet peeve here is that there are many styles that could be a possibility for me (and many others, I’m sure,) if whomever handles the way in which sandals are shown, would please please please show them from all angles. By this, I mean show an ‘inside of the foot’ view, both on the model and in the photo. The area where the shoe bends is also the place where a bunion is located. I feel this would be very helpful for those of us who do not have ‘model feet’. Anyone out there agree?
Contributor

Re: Please show shoes and sandals from all angles.

Honored Contributor

I completely agree, @Moonie 

They could also show us how the velcro closures look when the tabs don't meet exactly.  That is, show us how it looks when it's closed tightly and how it looks when it's closed to allow for more width.

This goes along with showing the product carefully and not wasting our time telling us we can wear it shopping or to church or to school.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I agree with @Moonie .  I've said this before that I think they should walk around in the shoes.  When they do that, just show their feet.

Here's one reason why I want to see them walk around and show close-ups of their feet.  Well, sometimes shoes that fit between the toes flop up (some more than others).  

Some sandals are more difficult than others (and for some people more than others) to keep exactly on the feet (while walking).

If they show the models (wearing the shoes) walking (just the feet and shoes) we can TRY to tell how much the feet stays back from the front (when they have thongs between the toes).

I noticed Carolyn mentioned on one shoe that it came around so that the pinkie toe didn't stick out.

Look!  We are trying (key word trying) to buy shoes without holding them and trying them on.  

Why not make it as easy as possible for us to do just that?

Speaking for myself, I am more interested in what I'd mentioned (and what the OP mentioned) than continuously looking at the Host and Vendor sitting in front of the shoes (that don't have feet in them).  Also, it's nice to see the models wearing the shoes for a minute or two, but how about lasting longer on the sandals/shoes.

I hope others will join in on this subject.  

The OP did an excellent job of explaining what most of us would like to see.  Thank you @Moonie Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure, that would be helpful but I don't think they will do that.  They have limited minutes to spend on each item and it's more beneficial to them to sell "the dream".  So, they tell us the colors and paint that visual picture of how we can wear them to that lovely garden party with our flowy dresses.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @Moonie , and have made multiple requests they show a close up of the bottom of the shoe or boot. 

You can tell me it's "wide" all day long. I need to see the shape of the bottom.

Contributor

To Chrystaltree...I understand the time limitations...but having the model turn one foot a little or step back on one foot to show the inside of the opposite foot wouldn’t change the available time at all...it’s all staging to me and would be so helpful.
Frequent Contributor

I agree, I’d like to see models wearing all the colors too. They sometimes look very different on the foot. They need to get more detailed and have more variety too. Can we please not spend a whole 20-30 minutes on one shoe?
Honored Contributor

I agree the model should show the shoe on from all angles and also tell us what size they are wearing. I know I see models with their toes and heels hanging on the edges of the sandals. It would be nice to know if they are wearing their regular size or the size that was available to model. I wear a size 7 med. width, but my niece wears a size 10 and wants to know if her feet will look like man feet in the sandals.