Contributor

Re: Please help....comparing two Dooney Florentines

I'm totally in love with A239408 in nautural or Tmoro brown. I just purchased the Toledo Hobo in Chestnut and love it A252124

Honored Contributor

Both the Florentine Small Satchel and East/West Pocket Satchel (A220192) are great handbags that are not too heavy. With the East/West, which is a little larger than the Medium Pocket Satchel, you get the front pocket and back cell phone pocket. I love my East/West satchels in Dark Brown (T'Moro) and Ivy...yummy! Smile

Honored Contributor

I've had the A239408 in black on my wishlist for awhile...just been stalling due to knowing it is heavy and having to purge a bag if I get it. The size and extra organization is perfect for traveling. Whenever DH and I go somewhere for a weekend or more, I don't want to carry a tote (either they are too big, or they don't have the security zip on top, just the magnetic snap...

And yet none of my bags I have now have enough room for all the things I have to carry when we travel (which includes several meds DH and I have to take).

I usually wind up leaving my bag unzipped to accommodate it all...defeats the whole purpose.

Since the bag was put on clearance and now sold out, I have been sitting on the fence for the "as is" steal of a deal of $289...{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Side note: I just find it odd that on the D&B website, it's not on any discount/sale...and they are offering the bag in new colors. However, for the Q, there will be no re-orders (it was on clearance for $374...watch the video)...

*scratching my head* {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Just a couple of updates...

Ordered the black "as is" florentine satchel w/pockets (A254631)...

It was shipped yesterday and I can't wait for it's arrival...crossing fingers it's in great condition. I just could not pass up such a GREAT deal!

I still needed to understand D&B's marketing with their handbags (read my previous post if you missed it)...

So I called D&B today and asked about the black bag I just bought...why clearanced on the Q while new colors are being introduced at the same time?

I was told that the bag is now being discontinued! So a HU for those who have been wanting the bag, keep an eye out for sales for it everywhere and snag it when you can!!!

Honored Contributor

UPDATE #2:

I just received my black "as is" florentine satchel w/pockets (A254631) and just wrote a review for it.

Initially I wasn't all that thrilled with it...no registration card (I can still register it anyway "if" I wanted to...called D&B), no dust bag (I do use pillowcases...so neither a deal breaker. In the past, I have usually just tossed the registration cards, but since this is now the most expensive (value-wise) handbag I own, I will probably register this bag.

Inside the bag were a few "extras" from the previous owner...which I was able to mail back to them today.

Looking at the bag as it was...with no stuffing in it, being flattened, it wasn't "tripping my trigger", so to speak. I then double checked the entire bag for obvious scratches or stains and there weren't any to be found.

I then filled the bag with all my 'stuff' to see if the bag would look better...and it just rocked my world...saving about $175 with what the extra taxes would have been!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

So ladies, if you buy an "as is" bag, don't go by just looks if it has no stuffing...I almost sent it back without taking that extra step!!! It's mine and not going anywhere now...HTH Wink

Respected Contributor

SL: enjoy your new Dooney. For a big discount we all make a few compromises.... dust bag, stuffing, etc. Besides, you end up throwing out the stuffing anyway. Wink

Honored Contributor

I am carrying A240161 in yellow and am going to have to send it back. It is way way too heavy!

Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

SL: enjoy your new Dooney. For a big discount we all make a few compromises.... dust bag, stuffing, etc. Besides, you end up throwing out the stuffing anyway. Wink

Thanks LJ! Smile

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}...yeah, I know. Crazy as it may sound, if I didn't think at the last minute to fill the bag, I shutter at the thought I almost sent it back! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I have been carrying Dooney A240161, but am going to have to send it back. I haven't even had it long enough to register it.

It is just way, way too heavy. Everyone picks it up, looks inside and says, "Whoa! What makes it this heavy?"

Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 annabellethecat said:

I have been carrying Dooney A240161, but am going to have to send it back. I haven't even had it long enough to register it.

It is just way, way too heavy. Everyone picks it up, looks inside and says, "Whoa! What makes it this heavy?"

Hi Annabellethecat,

Many folks register the bag the same day they bought/received it "if" they plan to keep it.

You have to do what makes YOU happy Smile

I have D&B bags of varying styles and weights and use them for different reasons...some I also use more than others and love them all {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

The new bag I got weighs a half pound more than yours. For the longest time, I steered clear of the heaviest bags. Soon I realized I had to try them to base my own opinion. If I based my decisions on everyone else's opinions that felt particular bags were too heavy for them, and assumed they would be too heavy for me too, I would have lost out on having some really great bags...IMO.

Everyone is different. If you want lightweight bags, there are many options..with D&B and/or an endless number of other brands. Enjoy the hunt and adventure of finding YOUR perfect bags {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}