Trusted Contributor

Pikolinos......expensive but gorgeous

Did anyone watch the show with Jane last night? I remember Pikolinos many years ago at a boutique store in one of the malls and they were expensive back then too. But they are handmade and some very cute styles. I bought the mary jane style in the stone color. A little concerned about the sizing because I normally take a 38 in euro size, I am 7, sometimes 7.5 in a closed boot style shoe. But they kept insisting that a 7 was a 37 so I went with that. I loved the 'Apricot color too, torn about which to buy but settled on the stone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pikolinos......expensive but gorgeous

@gigy q has free exchanges if you got the wrong size.I hope they fit great and you love them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Pikolinos shoes. I have at least half a dozen pairs. I buy most of them at 6pm.com but I also keep track of sales on the Pikolinos website. Their shoes are stylish and comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I really liked the shoes too and didn’t think they were really too expensive for hand stitched shoes.  The leather was beautiful too.

i wanted to order, but held back because of the size chart.  I know what European size I wear...almost all of my shoes are Europeon  size, but their chart was one size smaller.

i knew that there would be no exchange for a different size, because they all sold out.  There was no waitlist in the smaller sizes.

Enjoy your beautiful shoes.  I hope they fit.

Valued Contributor

I saw the show and really like the shoes.  I'm not sure about the sizing--I wear a 7 and my foot is narrow/medium--really an A width which isn't made.  I think the 37 might be too big.  IMO Fernando(?) did a great job representing the brand and providing information about each of the styles. Love the marble color.

Contributor

I watched the whole show, I thought Fernando did a fantastic job and the shoes were beautiful.  I didn't order because I am not sure about the sizing either.  I've had problems with European shoe sizes in the past as I wear a 6B in American shoes but a 36 Eauropean covers a 6-61/2 which can be a big difference in size.  I think I will wait for some reviews to come in.

Valued Contributor

Based on personal experience I think they run to the small side of the Euro range.  In other words, if a 37 is 7 to 7-1/2, it fits more like a 7.

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure gorgeous is the word but they sure look comfortable.

Trusted Contributor

@Stevie Nixwrote:

Based on personal experience I think they run to the small side of the Euro range.  In other words, if a 37 is 7 to 7-1/2, it fits more like a 7.

I think you may be on to something. I just received my shoes. I ordered size 37 which they kept insisting is the correct size for a 7 US. Well they fit, but on the snug side and I am worried that if I take them with me when I travel, I might have some issues with soar feet if I walk alot in them. I am really torn about returning them for a 38, but what if the 38 are too loose? If the leather relaxes and gives, I might be okay. I am waiting to read what others say in the reviews.

Valued Contributor

@gigy - I just finished putting mine into a shoe stretcher to try to ease them up a bit.  Hoping that will work.  Not sure I could wear them for any extensive walking.  But they sure are cute!