Respected Contributor

I have some sort of shoe fettish I suppose is what it is called.  I do not purchase shoes with a light color insole for summer wear.  Do you find that even taking a shower your feet leave some sort of grungy looking imprint  that is impossible to get out and therefore appears filthy?

Honored Contributor

No, I must say I never had that problem and don't pay any attention to the color of the insoles.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about Shoes

[ Edited ]

I say I am very picky about shoes. I cannot stand white shoes. Tennies maybe but nothing else. I also see a lot of old lady looking shoes that just don't appeal and I'm not young. Of course my around the house shoes might be the ugliest things on the planet as long as thiey're comfy but my outside shoes I'm very particular about. I have a 9 month old puppy that likes to steal my shoes the minute I sit down. She doesn't tear them up she just takes them. 

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

I have some sort of shoe fettish I suppose is what it is called.  I do not purchase shoes with a light color insole for summer wear.  Do you find that even taking a shower your feet leave some sort of grungy looking imprint  that is impossible to get out and therefore appears filthy?

Are these enclosed shoes?  I have a number of insoles I bought and just replace when too worn. They also give some arch support when the shoe doesn't.  

Honored Contributor

The light colored insoles don't bother me at all.  I wear Birkenstocks and they always have a insole that's is discolored by my feet.  My own footprint.

What I do not like is a white outsole unless the shoe is white.  I have passed up a lot of shoes and sandals because of the white soles.  I think they draw attention to my feet.

I have small feet and occasionally get creepy comments from men about their size. I know...that's weird and rude.

Honored Contributor

"Fetish" doesn't apply to your dislike of light insoles (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

My feet are always clean -- and I wear socks with all my shoes/sandals.Don't have smelly feet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The light colored insoles don't bother me at all.  I wear Birkenstocks and they always have a insole that's is discolored by my feet.  My own footprint.

What I do not like is a white outsole unless the shoe is white.  I have passed up a lot of shoes and sandals because of the white soles.  I think they draw attention to my feet.

I have small feet and occasionally get creepy comments from men about their size. I know...that's weird and rude.

I have lots of sandals with the white outsole --- love them!!!!

I also have white sneakers from Ryka -- and 2 pairs of white Birkenstock Clogs.