Honored Contributor

Peep toe booties

[ Edited ]

Are you going to rock that trend?  I love the look, it's fresh and modern but I wear a wide width and I can't wear more than a 2 inch heel.  I bought the Earth version but I returned them because I don't like velcro closures.  I've been searching the web for a while and I found just the pair I have been looking for at a great price, they were 30% off.  Tan perforated suede.  I'm looking at Evine now and they have  a real suede ankle boot as their Tsv but they don't sell wide widths.  Which is ok, I have suede ankle boots in several  colors already and now I have my peep toes.  But I'm enjoying just looking. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan. I see some cute ones and wish they had a toe in them. Just my opinion of course.

Valued Contributor

I really like them.  I live in CA and they are perfect for the current climate.  I'll wear some cute n crazy socks when it gets a little cooler.  

Respected Contributor

I'm like you, @Chrystaltree -- wide foot and can't wear more than a 2" heel, which must be a block type heel at that.  Otherwise, my jogging sneakers.

I bought the Earth sandal shooties TSV a few months ago (with Velcro closure) and can't say enough about them.  I don't mind the Velcro because the shootie has a side zip, which is all I use. I never touch the Velcro strap.

I'm watching the Evine TSV right now and even though I don't care for fringe, especially on shoes, I think these are very cute and a good price for suede. I'd get them, but don't need any more shoes or boots right now.

Honored Contributor

We were talking about Peeps on another thread, so when I saw "Peep toe" I thought of these.  Smiley Happy

Peeps slippers

Esteemed Contributor

I ❤️ the pair of peep toe booties by Tahari I found last year!  I wore them last fall and spring, plus a couple of times this summer.  They are a mesh fabric which has some give and are quite comfy considering the heel.  I would like to add another pair of suede or leather.  I've seen some with Velcro that I've passed on because I don't like that closure either.

Honored Contributor

I got the Earth brand peep toe shooties with the velcro and love them. I wasn't thrilled with the velcro at first, but started using the zippers to get in and out of the shoe and that works much better for me.

Honored Contributor

I think they're cute but I don't own any at this point, and I'm not sure if I'll buy them. I have other shoes on my want list. I feel like I wouldn't get much wear out of them, because I just don't see myself wearing them in summer and I can't wear them in the snow. Spring tends to be too much rain for open toe shoes and fall is fairly short. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

To me, a peep toe boot makes as much sense as, well, a sleeveless winter coat. If I still lived in CA, I probably would see the style differently, though. Well, there is enough choice for everyone, and that's the idea, right? If they speak to you, have fun with them!

Respected Contributor

I'm with you on the fun socks. Sometimes last winter, I did the ankle boots with bright, sometimes patterned socks peeping over the top. Fun!