Respected Contributor

Re: Pebble leather Zip Zip Satchel...

stevieb: only 4? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I really like the 3 lightest and brightest blues. I can live without the marine, I have others in navy/marine. But I love the cobalt and the aqua and the Aegean blue, especially. The Aegean blue would be my first choice.

Contributor

Loving all of the blues too The aqua is super cute!

New Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see the question sooner - StevieB is right - there is NO outside pocket. There are 4 inside pockets - the usual zip and slip on the back wall; the front wall has two open pockets - one of which has a snap closure strap over it to secure something. My cell has to go in the back slip pocket (in front of zipper pocket) due to the fact it's a Samsung Galaxy S3. I notice every time Sue Clifton points out a cellphone will fit in a pocket or wristlet, she uses an iPhone, not a larger Samsung which won't fit in most pockets. I still love the purse - aqua would've been my second color choice. I think though the aegean blue is more of a four-season color. If you choose to get this bag - enjoy it! It's beautiful - and lightweight!

Kären

Honored Contributor

You have to wonder why the red, tan and bone continue to be the only colors in which this bag is still unavailable... This is really getting to be a bit of a problem...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2014 stevieb said:

You have to wonder why the red, tan and bone continue to be the only colors in which this bag is still unavailable... This is really getting to be a bit of a problem...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Tan is in stock now.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2014 luvmyteddy said:
On 1/21/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Tan is in stock now.

I saw that yesterday when I was perusing their Valentine mini look-book. They showed this one in red and in white and I noticed they got the tan in... Holding out to see in in ivory... It's a pretty bag. The shots of it in red and white really showed it off.

Honored Contributor

What the heckQ? Ivory now appears to be the only color still not in stock...

Respected Contributor

I saw this handbag in person in the Dooney store this week. It's a nice size, smaller than I expected. Also the pebbled leather combined with the style of the handbag makes it very structured. The leather is not as soft as Dillen pebbled leather... it's more like a thinner AWL texture. That's not a negative, just not what I expected, for some reason.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the information LJ. I've yet to see it in person, but hope to soon. I'm not near a Dooney store, but surely a department store will have it sooner or later! Actually, as you've described it makes me even more interested. I love AWL and wish they did more with it, so if this is reminiscent of it, I might well bite. I'm actually sort of loving a smaller Dooney right now (shocking, I know) so the smaller size might work. As noted elsewhere, I recently picked up the last TSV, which at the time I was convinced was too small. Well, I do wish it was just a bit larger, but somehow it's working pretty well for me! I like the structured look of this zip-zip bag.

Respected Contributor

stevieb: after seeing all the larger Florentine styles for a few years, I guess this new satchel was visually smaller. Certainly it's not as large as the Florentine domed satchel. And although the measurements say it is 6" deep, it didn't look that deep to me. I didn't measure it, and I didn't study it for long, but I did pick it up. I think it will be a perfect size handbag for those of us who like a good sized bag, but not an oversized bag. I guess we should compare it to the measurements on the Dillen satchel and the last TSV.