Valued Contributor

Re: Patricia Nash: a unique handbag designed with her friend in mind

On 10/22/2014 stevieb said:

Look around before buying, I've picked her bags up for much less both on the bay, and at TJ Maxx and Marshall's, where they often have several of them to select from... Do very much like her bags. They're nicely made and a bit different... I have a few of her bags. Among them, I got her large map satchel a few months back and really like it and have an older tote of hers that is just so pretty. The burnished look of the leather is just amazingly lovely.

Thanks for the info, Stevie. I'll have to start my search for the deal.... Funny how it works - I have to get the GILIs when they are on sale and limited and I have to get DB when they are on sale...but bags that will always be there can wait.... I like several but still giving my priority to GiLI....And while as you said in other thread, it may be just a Q brand.... it's still all leather for a reasonable price and nice shape, size, and style! In which case the brand name becomes less important...
Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/22/2014 stevieb said:

Look around before buying, I've picked her bags up for much less both on the bay, and at TJ Maxx and Marshall's, where they often have several of them to select from... Do very much like her bags. They're nicely made and a bit different... I have a few of her bags. Among them, I got her large map satchel a few months back and really like it and have an older tote of hers that is just so pretty. The burnished look of the leather is just amazingly lovely.

Thanks for the info, Stevie. I'll have to start my search for the deal.... Funny how it works - I have to get the GILIs when they are on sale and limited and I have to get DB when they are on sale...but bags that will always be there can wait.... I like several but still giving my priority to GiLI....And while as you said in other thread, it may be just a Q brand.... it's still all leather for a reasonable price and nice shape, size, and style! In which case the brand name becomes less important...

Absolutely agree, the brand isn't as important as the bag itself...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

stevieb, you are so right about brand not being as important as the bag. I look for the features and color I want, and if I feel the quality is there, then I'm sold.

Thanks for posting about the Patricia Nash bags. I wasn't aware of them and will definitely have to check them out.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 vaccinia said:

stevieb, you are so right about brand not being as important as the bag. I look for the features and color I want, and if I feel the quality is there, then I'm sold.

Thanks for posting about the Patricia Nash bags. I wasn't aware of them and will definitely have to check them out.

Hope you find one you love. They really are lovely bags and, to me, many have almost a sort of raw, vintage look.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Check out ShopHQ Jan. 22 & 23; according to Nash's website (add "design" after her name), she'll be live--and that usually means lower prices.