Contributor

I totally empathize.  I like the Skechers Flat Knit slip on. So comfy all around and good support.  Best for me so far.  SPENCO flip flops are good for me also.   Hope that helps.  

Contributor

Re: Painful feet

[ Edited ]
  • I forgot to include the item number A287177.  As someone, said there are many styles. This is the one I wear often and have reordered.  I have them in 2 colors. 
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

May not be a shoe problem. Perhaps you should see a doctor.

@Group 5 minus 1  ITA. Feet need to be seen by doc.

Respected Contributor

@Three meezers

If you have a Walking Company store, or a larger department store nearby, I'd suggest you visit one and try on a variety of brands and styles.  Shoes can be both comfortable and stylish.  You do not have the resort to wearing sneakers.

Honored Contributor

I find Aetrex shoes very comfortable.  I have flat feet and bunions and need comfortable shoes.

If you haven't seen a doctor, I would highly recommend an orthopedic surgeon rather than a podiatrist.  They will not recommend surgery unless it's necessary and can tell you what's wrong with your feet and recommend brands of shoes.  My orthopedic surgeon gave me a list of brands she recommends.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Three meezerswrote:

I have very painful feet and need shoes that will ease this discomfort.  I've tried vionic, sketchers, acis, white mountain, etc.  The tops of my feet hurt as well as the sides, ankles and bunion area (small bunions).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I work full time and would really like a casual "dressy" shoe opposed to a sneaker but will consider all.  Thanks - Sandy

We'll, you need to wear SOMETHING, just can't go barefoot!

So I would say go to some stores, and try whatever appeals to you.   I have a post up too about about feet issues, and I also am searching,  but just for sandals.  I ordered Spenco, so I'll let you know.  Meantime...im really loving my new Sketcher memory foam sneakers. ..super light, and soft, and supportive.  I tried them on in Macy's, and they were also on sale.  I LOVE them!   Now...do they fix, heal, or correct an underlying problem ...of course not!   But I need something on my feet, and so do you.  That said, I'm not one to wear sneakers going out(I prefer pretty sandals), but I need the relief as often as I can get it.  

I'll see the Dr when I'm ready, they already know about my Achilles tendonitis.   Hope you'll try the Sketchers Memory foam😊

Honored Contributor

Go to a store that carries good shoes.  Accademy Sports and Outdoors, etc.   QVC has a lot of very good shoes such as Clarks.   But at this time, you need your foot " measured" and you need to be able to "try on".  Make sure the shoes have "real" arch support or buy good inserts with cushion and arch support.   Also, make sure the shoes are wide enough and also wide enough in the toe area.  Completely flat shoes are no good.   The heel should be a little higher than the forefoot.   Painful feet make your whole body hurt!   So, if you see a foot doctor, you are worth it.   Good luck and Gods Blessings   SC

Honored Contributor

After re-reading your post, it sounds like you need good cushion support with a good arch.   So many shoes look like they have arches but they reaally don't have any arch at all.   Also, memory foam doesn't count as good cushion support.   Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Inside everything I wear (I'm in retail after teaching and "run" on the sales floor all day), I wear Dr Scholl's Runner's Gel Pads over my molded foot beds.  The combination works for me.

You might ask a podiatrist what patients similar to you chose.

Good luck!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Three meezers

Many years ago, the bottoms of my feet hurt. I had accupuncture -- and the pain disappeared.