Respected Contributor

Hi Cindy I was browsing through the New orYANY thread and saw the handbag that you own. It is exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of structure. I went to amazon but the complete measurements are lacking.

Can you give me the handle drop and width measurements?

Thank you.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Hi Cindy - I googled it and found the information I need. This one's for me!

Thanks for posting the pic.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh good, this bag is tricky. The base (depth) of the bag is 5" on the outside edges, then curves in to 4 1/2. It is the saffiano with the faint hatch marks and very structured. The "short" handles are rolled and very short ( 5" drop meant to carry over the arm). I detached the long handle. Since the front is curved, it is closer to 13" then 14". The top is a zipper closure and you can get into the bag pretty easily since it opens wide. I hate when the top is much smaller (domed) and you scrape yourself on the zipper trying to rummage in and your wallet won't go in.

Did you notice that the country of origin was India? That's a change. With Amazon you have to drop down to the bottom left (after the Customers viewed section) to get more details. I like it; that saffiano finish does not have to be babied.

Full disclosure, it had the faint fishy smell from the dye treatment, so I aired it out with a spritz of lemon cologne on a dryer sheet. It is fine now. The zipper needed a touch of wax to do the one handed slide. HTH.

Product Details Product Details

Respected Contributor

HiCindy - is the brick a warm, dark red?

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/25/2015 pommom said:

HiCindy - is the brick a warm, dark red?

Gee, it is an orange based deep warm reddish color (not blue based). That picture is pretty true on the website. It leans more toward red than deep orange on the spectrum, but the orange tone is represented. Oh, and brass feet on the bottom, which is key to me.