Valued Contributor

I was on Poshmark,and noticed some of the preowned shoes for sale.  Some were in new condition, others were well worn.  Would you buy previously owned shoes?

Trusted Contributor

No

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

I was on Poshmark,and noticed some of the preowned shoes for sale.  Some were in new condition, others were well worn.  Would you buy previously owned shoes?

@pprmntstx    Never.    

Trusted Contributor

After working for a podiatrist for 19 years, I think the shoes could be sanitized and be relatively safe to wear.  I, personally, have a hangup about even wearing used clothing, so have never worn used shoes and probably never will - UNLESS it was some designer heel that I would never be able to afford new. 

Trusted Contributor

Would never buy used shoes online.  I wouldn't wear pre-owned shoes borrowed or given to me even from a family member. 

I don't think it's good for my feet to conform to previously broken in or worn configurations, and I think it's as unsanitary as wearing bowling shoes supplied by the alley operators. (I don't care what they spray in them.) 

Feh! 

Honored Contributor

Never

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear anything that had foot imprints.

Once, at Dillards, about 15 years ago, I tried on some beautiful designer clogs.  There were toe imprints indicating clearly they had been worn.  Of course I wouldn't take them, and they were the only pair in my size.  I couldn't believe they would put a worn item on the floor!

Respected Contributor

I purchased a pair of Clark's Sixty Cruise from a seller on Ebay, they were simply tried on, didn't fit, put back in the box, put on a shelf & listed years later...I was excited to find them since they're my favorite style & discontinued.

Esteemed Contributor

Previously owned?  Yes. Previously worn?  No.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with it. I've sold a lot of preowned shoes.