Frequent Contributor

I find new, clean shoes occasionally at Goodwill. $10 for a pair of Clarks is a great deal.

Honored Contributor

have sold almost 30 pairs on PM

that said they were in good condition

I am amazed by sellers who list shoes that they have not cleaned up or polished.  

Respected Contributor

Re: PREOWNED SHOES

[ Edited ]

@pprmntstx wrote:

@Peaches McPhee  That's a great story!  Did they charge her for them?

No, they would not sell them to her,or let her take them.  I don't remember if the woman still wanted to buy them, after it was pointed out to her that they were used.  I think she was in shock.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

No!

Honored Contributor

In my teen years, I received some awesome ever so gently worn hand-me-down clothing, and shoes, from a very close family friend 4 years older than me.   I always got excited when she cleaned her closet!  One of her best cast offs was 2 pair of barely worn loafers that I really, really liked, and totally wore out.  

I never had a problem wearing anything that person gave away, and have selectively passed on our gently worn clothing, and special occasion shoes that belonged to my daughters.   Union Mission is happy to take my husbands gently worn super wide shoes.

Now, as for me going to a thrift store or consignment shop specifically looking for a pair of shoes?   Probably a big NO.   

Respected Contributor
It would depend on the condition of the shoes. If they were lightly worn or never worn, sure, I would buy and wear them. The shoes would have to something really special to me and not a purchase that I could afford at full price.

I only donate shoes in almost new condition. Anything that is worn out goes into the trash.
Valued Contributor

@cosmic1  I totally agree with you about donating shoes.  Over the years, I have donated many, many shoes in new or like new condition. I don't understand the many friends or aqaintances who donate their really worn shoes to charities.  I find it disrespectful to the recipient. If I knew of anyone who really couldn't afford any shoes, I would certainly make a donation, so that that person could enjoy a new pair.

Frequent Contributor

I, too, would donate shoes that are in new or like new condition.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your posts!Heart