Super Contributor

Re: PLEASE Orthaheel, give me some height!!

I don't think height is part of the plan with Orthoheel.

They are designed for women who need orthotic sandals / shoes OR for ladies who have spent years damaging their feet in higher heels.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 GoodStuff said:

Most people who have foot/ankle problems and need an orthopedic shoe (myself included) are not looking for anything that raises us off the ground! I'm looking for low, comfortable, supportive, and very stable.

True!

My days of wearing high heeled fashion shoes is long over. Vionic does have some platform wedges though for people looking for extra height.

Respected Contributor

Cardgirl, take a look at these. I can't do heels but they look great. www.rockport.com/comfortable-heels

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 HHC1 said:

I don't think height is part of the plan with Orthoheel.

They are designed for women who need orthotic sandals / shoes OR for ladies who have spent years damaging their feet in higher heels. {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

I'm short......I've worn heels all my life, and I don't have foot problems. Maybe I'm the exception............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/4/2015 Kachina624 said: Kind of hard to believe customers wanting the orthotic effect would also want a 1 1/2" heel. I know I wouldn't. Many people have foot issues due to wearing heels and must now avoid them.

I agree. A 2.5" heel or a 1.5" platform for orthodic-ish shoes/sandals kind of defeats the whole purpose. The idea with these is "the ground meeting the foot". Also the pitch of the foot with this kind of height is out of the normal alignment. Vionic, in its attempts to meet the "fashion" market has to be careful because at some point the "healthy feet" claim it makes will no longer be valid.....

I see that Clarks makes the kind of sandal that OP wants.

I am a fan of Vionic,I cannot wear Clark's - they do not have enough arch support, plus I pronate. I can wear Earth brand in addition to Vionic.
Super Contributor

Unfortunately, the only brand I can wear now days is SAS. I need a large box toe and good arch support. I don't even watch the shoe shows.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Quiltlady said:

Unfortunately, the only brand I can wear now days is SAS. I need a large box toe and good arch support. I don't even watch the shoe shows.

SAS is an awesome comfort line! I worked for SAS while I was in college, and still recommend them to anyone looking for comfortable shoes. I believe they are still made in the USA, also(?)

Honored Contributor

While you are all probably right that the majority of those w/ feet issues are looking for flatter shoes...I am just the opposite!

After breaking both ankles and multiple bones in my feet in an accident...I absolutely could NOT wear anything flat. I'd limp and be in terrible pain. After the casts were removed, the bones did NOT heal/fuse properly. I refused the surgery to correct since it would give me a whole new set of problems.

Heels...with a nice pitch were the only things I COULD wear! I absolutely can not walk barefoot or with flat shoes/sandals.

Vionic are the first 'flats' I have been able to wear in 12 years!!! I have many of the flip flops and the slippers. However, I am TIRED of the flip flop look! I would love the ortho support in some cute wedge/higher sandals for the summer. I did pick up one pair of the wedge the other night.

I agree w/ the OP and would LOVE some higher and MORE STYLISH Vionic footwear!!!!