PLEASE Orthaheel, give me some height!!

I would LOVE it if Orthoheel got with it and gave us some height!! I need a nice platform sandal with a 2 1/2 or so heel and a good 1 to 1 1/2" platform, so I am comfie AND taller! I have been asking for this for a year! Do they get these messages??

Super Contributor

Re: PLEASE Orthaheel, give me some height!!

Years ago I had a pair of heels (not all that high by today's standards) and they had an arch. They were, hands-down, the most comfortable pair of heels I have ever owned. Unfortunately, when I left my first husband, I had to sneak out with a carload of stuff and not go back. Thinking back, I'd have loved to have taken them but they weren't a stand-out item that particular morning.

Yes, I can see Orthaheel making something with some height and incorporating an arch. Whether they have a platform or not doesn't matter. Some height would be greatly appreciated!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Kind of hard to believe customers wanting the orthotic effect would also want a 1 1/2"" heel. I know I wouldn't. Many people have foot issues due to wearing heels and must now avoid them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Kachina624 said: Kind of hard to believe customers wanting the orthotic effect would also want a 1 1/2" heel. I know I wouldn't. Many people have foot issues due to wearing heels and must now avoid them.

I agree. A 2.5" heel or a 1.5" platform for orthodic-ish shoes/sandals kind of defeats the whole purpose. The idea with these is "the ground meeting the foot". Also the pitch of the foot with this kind of height is out of the normal alignment. Vionic, in its attempts to meet the "fashion" market has to be careful because at some point the "healthy feet" claim it makes will no longer be valid.....

I see that Clarks makes the kind of sandal that OP wants.

Esteemed Contributor

Vionic does make some shoes with height. QVC doesn't carry them, probably for the reason mentioned by Kachina624. But you can go to their website vionicshoes dot com and see/order them. Personally, the height doesn't work for me, but obviously there is some demand for this type of vionic shoe.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Didn't they show their new wedge last night? I believe it was over 2"" high.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There is a whole page of Orthaheel wedges but not platforms. Just put it in the search bar.

Trusted Contributor

Most people who have foot/ankle problems and need an orthopedic shoe (myself included) are not looking for anything that raises us off the ground! I'm looking for low, comfortable, supportive, and very stable.

Occasional Contributor

On this same subject, I need a pair of shoes to go with a formal dress. I am a vionic/birkenstock wearer and really need the arch support and comfort in the ball of the foot. Have any of you found a pair of really comfortable dressy shoes?

Honored Contributor

Try A264889.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment