Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orthaheel becomes Vionic

On 2/26/2014 shoesnbags said:
On 2/25/2014 TY said:

I notice that the Orthaheel shoes I see in bricks and mortar stores now have the Vionic name on them as well. I think the name change is kind of dumb though.

Can I ask which B&M stores you have found Orthaheel shoes in? I've been buying them totally from the Internet and would love to be able to try on some in a store. Oh, I guess I have to qualify that - I have seen the Tide sandal in a store, but that style doesn't fit my narrow foot.

Yes, in Canada I've seen Orthoheel shoes at Ronsons shoe store in a mall and I've seen the removable orthotics at Soft Moc shoes. I actually tried on a pair of Orthoheel flats today and while the shoe fit true to size in an 8 the footbed was too rock hard for me.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your post, shoesnbags. The reviews for newer products have seemed pretty negative compared to older Orthaheel styles. That and the fact that these styles are closing out led me to believe the company had been sold.

I am disappointed that the newer styles seem to be lacking. Since everything is on easy pay this weekend I think I'll do the same as sneef and pick up a couple of pairs before they're all gone.

Trusted Contributor

I found a pair of Dr. Weil sneakers I like they are white and blue, the problem I am having is they are recommending go up a half size, because his line runs small. I wear a size 5 and I haven't found anyone here or on line that carries a 5 1/2, have you saw any dealer on line that does? Appreciate any tips...

Honored Contributor

So the former name was unappealing but ''Vionic is supposed to make us sigh with pleasure...?

Who came up with that one? The same ad group that labels all the new medications with those stupid names?

Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Vionic sounds medicinal to me.

New Contributor

More micro suede foot beds please. My feet sweat in the rubber foot beds. I would purchase some of those styles if the foot bed was made with a moisture absorbent material. My feet ache without orthotics and I would change my whole shoe wardrobe is Orhtoheels would step up it's shoe bed and cuteness factor.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/30/2014 depglass said:

What is it supposed to do, remind us of Bionic?

ITA. I think they could have come up with a better name.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Vionic is now their North American brand name. I don't care for it, but from a marketing perspective as they try to become a player in fashion footwear in North America, I can see how they felt the band name Orthaheel was unsuitable. Orthaheel sounds like something I insert into my shoes.

Occasional Visitor

Please make some wide width. The only ones I have are the tsv about a year a g o. Please I need some new shoes and they have to be wide width.

Trusted Contributor

I think the fit is different now. I have a few pairs of the orthaheels and bought the vionicss and they weren't as comfortable. I called CS about this and was told they were getting many complaints about the same issue. Maybe it was the certain style I bought but they weren't good at all. I see they came out with some really cute sandals so I just might try once again.