Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering Shoes From Zappos

Thank you, @NickNack, for answering @BirkiLady's question to me. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Zappos service too, however they do not offer any discount codes and most shoes are regular retail price. Some older styles do go on sale. And for my state, Zappos now charges tax which never used to be true.  As a result, I can usually do better than Zappos pricing, so don’t order as frequently as in the past. 

Trusted Contributor

I usually check Zappos first for shoes because their shipping is fast, they process returns quickly, and they have a great selection. Yes, you may pay more for some styles, but you'll also have to pay for return shipping on other sites. 6pm dot com is the outlet store for Zappos, and I've bought some shoes from there, but they charge return shipping. I ordered a pair of Rykas that were on QVC for cheaper when I checked 6pm. 

One of the best thing about Zappos are the extensive reviews. When shopping online, reviews are key, and I rely on them to make a decision. They usually have a ton of reviews on items, so that's helpful. But there's no risk in buying anyway since there's no return shipping. I'll order four pairs of shoes so that I can try them on and pick which one fits best. You also earn credits to get coupons for a future purchase. I hate paying the try-on fee from QVC. The Earth TSV sandals are going back today because they're too big. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I usually check Zappos first for shoes because their shipping is fast, they process returns quickly, and they have a great selection. Yes, you may pay more for some styles, but you'll also have to pay for return shipping on other sites. 6pm dot com is the outlet store for Zappos, and I've bought some shoes from there, but they charge return shipping. I ordered a pair of Rykas that were on QVC for cheaper when I checked 6pm. 

One of the best thing about Zappos are the extensive reviews. When shopping online, reviews are key, and I rely on them to make a decision. They usually have a ton of reviews on items, so that's helpful. But there's no risk in buying anyway since there's no return shipping. I'll order four pairs of shoes so that I can try them on and pick which one fits best. You also earn credits to get coupons for a future purchase. I hate paying the try-on fee from QVC. The Earth TSV sandals are going back today because they're too big. Smiley Sad

Yep.....looks like several thousand of us TSV buyers are going to be returning those Earth sandals!  And you are correct about the extensive reviews on Zappos. I always check the Zappos reviews before ordering shoes on just about any site, even amazon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel ridiculous.  I ordered some sandals from Zappos in my regular size 8.  They were too big, so I returned them and reordered a 7.5.  They fit, and I was going to keep them.  I was putting them in my closet and I have a pair just like them in another color.  I checked, and they were 7.5's, too, so I probably already had gone through returning the 8's at that time.  The sandals I had ordered were Earth, same brand as the TSV that everyone says were too big.  Do Earth shoes just run large?  I have never worn them before. 

I had ordered them at the end of last summer and had only worn them a couple of times.  I couldn't believe I didn't remember them.  Now I have to return these.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I feel ridiculous.  I ordered some sandals from Zappos in my regular size 8.  They were too big, so I returned them and reordered a 7.5.  They fit, and I was going to keep them.  I was putting them in my closet and I have a pair just like them in another color.  I checked, and they were 7.5's, too, so I probably already had gone through returning the 8's at that time.  The sandals I had ordered were Earth, same brand as the TSV that everyone says were too big.  Do Earth shoes just run large?  I have never worn them before. 

I had ordered them at the end of last summer and had only worn them a couple of times.  I couldn't believe I didn't remember them.  Now I have to return these.  

@NickNack, if it's any consolation, I've ordered at least one book on Amazon that I then found out I had already purchased and read.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@suzyQ3 wrote:

wrote:

@NickNack, if it's any consolation, I've ordered at least one book on Amazon that I then found out I had already purchased and read.

@suzyQ3  LOL!  Smiley LOL  I don't feel quite as bad now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like Zappos but can almost always find the same shoe cheaper elsewhere.  Most shoe sites and department stores sites now offer free shipping and % off codes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack,

Zappos is a company with non negotiable core values. 

Once they sent me the wrong model of a dress and not only they told me to keep it but gave me a $50 gift. The dress is gorgeous, same size and brand however they acknowledged that it was their mistake.

Many years ago there was some confusion about the last pair of a Magli boots, they located the parcel, I got the awesome boots and also a $50 gift to compensate for their logistics.

Who does that on line,  in the XXI century?🌻Needless to say that I am a very loyal customer.

Honored Contributor

I was really surprised with what they did for me.

About 10 years ago, I had ordered from them for several years and I ordered a knee high boot.  It was too short and I called to return and see how fast it would take to recieve and send out the replacement pair.  Because it was freezing here, they sent out the boots that night with my returning the boots I had the next day.  They did not put another charge on my card.  Can you imagine!

I doubt that would happen today.