Honored Contributor

Re: Ordering Shoes From Zappos

Y’all do know that Zappos is owned by Amazon, right? So there’s no real advantage to buying at Zappos if you’re a Prime member to start with. They show the same prices.

I’ve found that any more, the only bargains for me are in shoes no one wants for various reasons - fits weird, style, shape, color. Vionic and Aetrex shoes are the same price on Zappos, shoes dotcom, etc as they are on the company’s own website, or Amazon. They “discount” when they have 1-2 sizes left, or people just didn’t buy the shoe at all. And on shoes dotcom, the discount coupons, which they sent me constantly, were never applicable on the brands of shoes I bought.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Love Zappos.  You can return an unworn pair for up to a year.  Fash shipping.  The only thing you will pay top price for the shoes.  

One good thing about QVC.  You can return a pair of shoes within thirty days for any reason, no questions asked even if worn.  The shipping is not so fast and expensive.  So you have to decide what is better for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only issue I ever had with Zappos, was when I was teaching in the early '90's.  I had a pair of sandals I loved.  A year later went back to get the other color which had gone on sale in all of the stores the year before.  Zappos was selling the shoes for the origonal price and although they were a year old, would discount them unless I could find a dealer with a marked down pair in my color and size, which wasn't happening.  

I got the sandals, and everyone wanted them as much as they wanted the other pair!

That's how I landed on Zappos to begin with.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The only issue I ever had with Zappos, was when I was teaching in the early '90's.  I had a pair of sandals I loved.  A year later went back to get the other color which had gone on sale in all of the stores the year before.  Zappos was selling the shoes for the origonal price and although they were a year old, would discount them unless I could find a dealer with a marked down pair in my color and size, which wasn't happening.  

I got the sandals, and everyone wanted them as much as they wanted the other pair!

That's how I landed on Zappos to begin with.

@ECBG, I recall when they would price match. I think that they also used to take promo codes. They stopped doing both quite some time ago.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

wrote:

@NickNackAnother great place is Shoes dot com. Amazing prices! Easy returns and quick refunds (only had to return once). Have never had to deal with their Customer Service, so cannot comment on that part of the company.  

Yes, I find that Shoes dot com carries more sizes than Zappos. In fact, I just ordered the Skechers D'Lites from Shoes dot com for $46 and change. Here, theyare $59 plus 5 for shipping. Shoes dot com has free shipping. Same return cost, however, you still come out way ahead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I like Zappos but can almost always find the same shoe cheaper elsewhere.  Most shoe sites and department stores sites now offer free shipping and % off codes.

@lulu1,Yes, you're absolutely right, however, no other place has their inventory nor can you find an item a year later.

They DO have a policy if you find the shoe elsewhere at a lower price, AND they have your color and size in stock, they will still send you their pair with the free shipping where you probably had to pay shipping at the other site.

Edited to add:They call or look on line to verify then call you back to finish the transaction.

Honored Contributor

Zappos is part of Amazon.  When UPS/USPS scans the label they provide, returns are processed.  They issue refunds before they even receive the returns.  Great customer service!

Honored Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

wrote:

I like Zappos but can almost always find the same shoe cheaper elsewhere.  Most shoe sites and department stores sites now offer free shipping and % off codes.

@lulu1,Yes, you're absolutely right, however, no other place has their inventory nor can you find an item a year later.

They DO have a policy if you find the shoe elsewhere at a lower price, AND they have your color and size in stock, they will still send you their pair with the free shipping where you probably had to pay shipping at the other site.

Edited to add:They call or look on line to verify then call you back to finish the transaction.

@ECBG, maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that Zappos will price match or that they will send the item with free shipping?

I recall when they stopped price matching. Have they resumed? If you're talking about just free shipping, Zappos always has that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Zappos doesn't price match. Their pricing is built on MSRP.

For me, Zappos has the most styles and colors in my size.  I will occasionally find other colors at Macy's or Nordstrom, but 99% of my shoes come from Zappos.

I just order 2 pair of my everyday black pumps that were on sale at Macy's for $30 less.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN