Honored Contributor

I don't think I like the boot style shoes with the small toe opening.I think it makes the big toe and the one next to it look odd.Does anyone else notice or is it my issue.

Respected Contributor

JMO, people with fugly toes shouldn't wear open toe shoes, unless necessary (injury, surgery).

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't wear them, but mostly because they make no practical sense to me.  If it's cold or wet, I may need a boot.  If it's warm, I will probably choose a sandal.  How does a toeless boot figure into that?

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Hate them. Boots with open toes make as much sense as a winter coat or raincoat without arms. I also have a lifelong dislike of seeing other people's feet. Yuk. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

JMO, people with fugly toes shouldn't wear open toe shoes, unless necessary (injury, surgery).

At age 66, this will be my first summer where I won't be showing my fugly toes--arthritis has gotten the best of me......

Honored Contributor

Re: Open toe shoes

[ Edited ]

@dex... I so agree! The other night my husband was watching with me & the QVC host was wearing an open-toed boot and gosh it was beyond tacky! Her big toe was hanging over the end. Even my husband commented how unattractive it was and he generally doesn't pay that close attention when I'm watching QVC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Open toe shoes

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

At age 66, this will be my first summer where I won't be showing my fugly toes--arthritis has gotten the best of me......

@nana59 ~ I've never been a fan of my toes and other than flip flops for the beach, I try to wear espadrilles and fisherman type sandals to cover fugly feet syndrome😉

Honored Contributor

I love boots, and I love sandals, but I don't love bootie/shooties with a peep toe.  Just don't and won't..... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@dex

I ordered these in November (backordered until the end of January), so I have only worn them once, but I like them a lot.  I like the balance of cut outs with the peep toe.

TRIANON SHOES:

Respected Contributor

I've lived 82 years, and have yet to see a set of toes that look good to me sticking out of a shoe. It may look good to you if you own the toes, but to me it's rather ugly. Closed toes in boots and everything else, please.